• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Exhaust

Hello,

I'm going to buy a new exhaust.

I have a used Miltek non-res on it at the moment (unsure how old) and I do really like the sound/volume of it but I've had issues with it and its put me off a bit, I don't want to shell out £650 to have it breaking on me.

Has anyone else swapped from Miltek to something else? Or had a chance to compare exhausts, in the flesh and went with a different one? Should I just bite the bullet and get another Miltek?

Cheers,
Ryan

Interested to know what issues you've had. As I'm looking at either a Milltek, new or used, or a custom catback system. I think if you go the custom route, a lot of places offer lifetime warranties.

Yeah, it sounded great when I first fitted it last August and I really do want to get another.

Not long after though one of the hangers snapped off, ripping a hole in it - this was welded.

Now it sounds rattly, from the rear, if you give it a bit of beans from stand still and higher up the rev range it sounds blowy - it also sounds blowy all the time once it's warm.

I'm probably just cursed.

The rattle could be where it catches the exhaust triangle, mine did after a while, easy to adjust and centre.

Maybe I'm over reacting then, haha.

I'll take a look.

Only options so far I can find are;

( list updated 29/05/2018 )
TDi North
Tegiwa
Martelius
J's Racing
Stock (lol)
Cobra
Invidia
Miltek
M2 Motorsport
FUJITSUBO

It seems only the Miltek, M2 and Martelius are non-res but I think the Martelius is too loud for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
500 miles... That's bad. Probably a faulty unit? Have you spoke to Tegiwa? Their customer service is usually pretty decent.

Yeah I saw the M2 system on the TDi North site at the weekend, but it's resonated and the resonators look quite large.

-------------------------------------

Edit: M2 do a non-res pipe on their website; https://www.m2motorsport.co.uk/cgi-...-M2-MOTORSPORT---M2-MHD-FN2-P-3652.html#SID=6

Only gripe I have there though is the entire system is £406... seems a bit cheap, is that reflecting the materials?

500 miles... That's bad. Probably a faulty unit? Have you spoke to Tegiwa? Their customer service is usually pretty decent.

Yeah I saw the M2 system on the TDi North site at the weekend, but it's resonated and the resonators look quite large.

-------------------------------------

Edit: M2 do a non-res pipe on their website; https://www.m2motorsport.co.uk/cgi-...-M2-MOTORSPORT---M2-MHD-FN2-P-3652.html#SID=6

Only gripe I have there though is the entire system is £406... seems a bit cheap, is that reflecting the materials?

I know what you mean but I think some people on here have had m2 exhausts on there ep3 and had no issues with quality and they sound pretty mean too, I was thinking maybe to get just the back box as I don’t want it ever so loud plus my FN2 has a new Honda b pipe which is only 3 months old. Unfortunately I just can’t seem to find any sound clips on the web for the m2 installed on the FN2?

Fair point, there are a lot of EP3 reviews/videos saying they are decent. I might take the punt to be honest, although I'm thinking maybe going down the resonated route now... need to make my mind up :rolleyes:

Isn't the EP3 engine very similar to to the FN2 one? So possible the sound will be similar.

The engine is virtually the same, the fn2 does sound a little higher pitched / raspy

Back