• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Facelift EP3 HID kit

Hi
i was wondering if it is a straight plugin and play thing with a hid conversion of do i have to do any mods to anything as i heard that you have to make some bulb retainers is this true can anyone help
Thanks

Pretty much plug an play, all you need to do is modify the bulb holders. The standard bulbs are in plastic holders so they fit the wiring loom of the car, simply take a dremel and cut out the insides of the plastic holder, then use a hot glue gun to secure the HID bulb into the holder and you done. If you do not want to cut you OEM ones then either buy 2 from Honda or I think you can get them already modified off Ebay

The new bulb holders make life much easier. No dremmeling of the original bulb holders and no fiddling with the retaining clips.

With the bulb holders you just pair it with the new HID bulb, push it into the hole and then pull the retaining clip over the bulb holder like you would with the standard bulb holders.

They're not cheap for what they are but are hugely beneficial if you don't want to mess about.

Back