• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Failed the bloody MOT!!

NYA

Failed the first MOT today, but it was only on a rear tyre, and lost a bolt from the Spoon backbox, so not exactly off to the srappy yet:lol::lol:

mines going in friday. keeping my fingers crossed.
any problems with spoon, with regard to noise? worth sticking the bung in before going?

mines going in friday. keeping my fingers crossed.
any problems with spoon, with regard to noise? worth sticking the bung in before going?

Not an issue mate, don't think they test for noise, YET:lol:

Thanks to mods for moving to right area....week off and too much Cobra from Scummerfields:lol:

Not an issue mate, don't think they test for noise, YET:lol:

Actually they do test for noise but it is not a fixed value (and never is likely to be). The section from the MOT manual goes (and this is not the exact wording as it is far to long winded) that if the tester deems the noise produced to be more than that expected from the normal exhaust system fitted to the vehicle then they shall fail it. IE if the tester is following to the letter of the guide then anything other than a standard exhaust is not permitted. But at the end of the day it comes down to the testers judgement. I had one tester fail my old type R with a spoon exhaust fitted only for another place the following day to pass it without question. Luck of the draw really.

Back