• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Falken ZE912

£261.96 delivered from Camskill assuming you are running OEM sizes.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Had a ring around and £84 was the best price for 205/45/17 & 215's Falkens. Looks like I've got start paying normal prices

Camskill are some of the biggest cnuts in the world, all of those muggy, noodle armed choir boys that work there too.

Totally un-helpful in a million and one ways when one of my tyres got lost in the post.

Things get lost, I understand that, but a sun dried turd would have helped more.

i've ordered from camskill about 6 times. never once had an issue with delivery (thats usually down to courier anyway once its left their warehouse), but one time i had trouble with what i had recieved and they were bell-ends on the phone. i'll continue to use them as long as they are the cheapest although i saw someone repping another company recently and when i checked prices they were cheaper than camskill, i'll see if i can find the link again.

ok the company i have seen recommended is www.allnewtyres.co.uk did a quick check on this size 215 45 17 as i saw someone post this size up in the thread. i don't know if this is the correct size for a CTR but its good for a comparison if nothing else.

all new tyres:
£46 nankang
£57 falken 912
£5 delivery on x2 tyres.

camskill:
£45 nankang
£59 falken 912
£5 delivery on x2 tyres.

mytyres:
£73 nankang
£85 falken 912
didn't bother checking delivery as they are expensive these days.

so on the falken this allnewtyres appears to be a couple of quid cheaper, but who knows what kind of stock they have. they might be really old tyres and i have read somewhere (unsure if internet heresay that is only relevant for OCD sufferers or F1 drivers) that tyres have a shelf life. that said the tyres i got from camskill were very old and fcuked.

[video=youtube;jEIchoxrA28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEIchoxrA28&feature=player_embedded[/video]
seem like an established legit company so i'll give them a try next time i need nankang love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Rossy.

I've found recently that local tyre places are as cheap, if not cheaper than online with a bit of haggling.

I use the same local Garage in Swindon that I've been going to for nearly 10 years.
They are not the cheapest, but offer good crack while I'm there, and generally bump me to the front of the queue!
As I'm impatient, that to me is worth every minute in gold coinage! Generally once you've built up the rapor etc you can haggle them a bit and you get the best customer service.
My last EP3 blew a tyre valve 100 miles after I had an Eagel F1 fitted. Took it back in there, they didn't quibble, no messing, just replaced the whole tyre, no nonsense crap, just the way I like it. If you pay a 'little' more, you 'can' get better service. That said though, if they were £50 a corner more expensive, I'd still go elsewhere!

KU31's, T1R's, 912's. All the same soft sidewall rubbish. I don't know how you guys can tolerate them let alone think they give good grip? Have any of you been out pushing it hard in the warm/dry yet on these?

Can't believe someone prefers these over Potz, I am honestly shocked.

I think Pots are useless in the wet! Stiffer sidewall I'd say is partially responsible, no give so just slips, where as something like the T1R in the wet has that little give in the wet so flexes and holds slightly better on damp surface. Depends on your driving style too i suppose!

IMO, not keen on Pots, T1R's not too bad, Parada Spec 2's FTW!

Spec 2's are the worst tyre I've had on any Type R. Complete gash.

Parada's were alright in the dry but I can't understand at all how you can hate Potz in the wet and think Parada's are ftw. They are downright dangerous in the wet. Horrible tyre.

??? WTF? We talking about the same ones?? Yoki Parada??
Sure, in the winter, frost / snow / ice and such, I'd rather walk home barefoot, but rain, wet, never had an issue on any of my civics with them! Always found them bloody good in the dry, and not much different in the dry.
I don't drive miss daisy either ;)

I had Yokohama parada spec 2's when I bought the car. In the rain i had so little grip it was dangerous, in the dry they were fantastic.

Back