• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fast road setup for EP3

Hello everyone.

I just purchased a EP3 from 2005 with only 48.000 miles on it(77.000 km) and it is completely stock and converting into a ring tool.

So I have ordered and will put on this weekend the following:

KYB Shocks
Eibach Pro lowering springs
Camber bolts
Hardrace Camber arms
JDM Rear antiroll bar

(Of course also all new brakes, pads, lines, brake fluid, Advan Tires ect ect)

So what is the recommended setup for the suspension?

From what I have found while searching is:

-1 deg camber on each wheel
2mm toe in rear
1mm toe out front.

Is this the setup to get or could you run a bit more negative camber as the car will mainly be used for the ring?
(Looking for a stable fun setup)

Pleased to hear.

Attachments

• IMG_4045.JPG
    IMG_4045.JPG
    334.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4046.JPG
    IMG_4046.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4047.JPG
    IMG_4047.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4049.JPG
    IMG_4049.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a starting point really, after that you can try different things and see how the car behaves.

Sounds like you've got the bases covered for a fun time though!

More camber on the front and reduce rear toe in personally. 1mm total toe in on the rear will still be stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More camber on the front and reduce rear toe in personally. 1mm total toe in on the rear will still be stable.

When you say that do you mean 1mm across the axle (0.5mm each side)?

Thanks guys. Its booked for start of next week to do the alignment. Now it is just a matter of the weather.

i had a fast road setup and setup with 40mm springs, now i have put in back to standard springs , will i have to re-do tracking?

i had a fast road setup and setup with 40mm springs, now i have put in back to standard springs , will i have to re-do tracking?
Yes the suspension geometry changes when you change the height so it’ll be way out.

oh damn, better lower it again then because it is too high on standard springs,,but so much more driveable because of so many speed bumps where i live

It’ll need adjusting either way as you’ve disturbed the suspension and all the settings will have changed.

Back