• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fatboys EP3

Hi guys, not new here i have been prowling for years just reading threads.
got myself an EP3

I shall let pics do the talking.

this is my 4th honda.
the crx

the jordan

i got a lexus is200 after this,

then i got an FN2 hated it so much i don't even have a picture! went back after 3 weeks of ownership.

and went and got myself the better one. i've wanted one for a while and driven plenty, and it is a brilliant little car!

Nice selection of cars you've had there. My first car was a white CRX vtec and I absolutely loved it and still miss it. I've also had an Ek vti and a few is200 as well and a couple of Ep3's. The civic looks nice mate. You got much planned for it?

well i went nuts on the is200 because it was so slow...i thought id go insanely low.

the civic is nice and quick though, so some basic stuff like little lower maybe some rpf1's and a couple of engine mods. but not too much really.

yea my crx was the most fun ive had in a car yet to be honest, greatlittle car!

I know what you mean. I loved my CRX and only sold it to get something turbo and got a Toyota starlet gt turbo at the time and that was also a fun little car. The is200 isn't the fastest of cars I have to agree, haha. I've had 2 is200 as I really like the looks and the ways they drive but eventually got a Toyota altezza with the Yamaha beams engine in it which was a lot quicker than the is200 but with the same looks so the best of both really. Ideally I want to supercharge my ep3 but it's quite a bit of cash so would have to get saving which is easier said than done. Always liked the look of rpf1's and they look really good on a civic too.

Nice cars mate, I particularly like the Jordan and the EP3, I am biased towards black EP3s though.

I've always been tempted with a is200. How was it for reliability and running cost?

Nice cars mate, I particularly like the Jordan and the EP3, I am biased towards black EP3s though.

I've always been tempted with a is200. How was it for reliability and running cost?

cheers bud.

running costs, lets just say the civic does better mpg by quite a long way, but reliability wise ive never had such a reliable car, literally bullet proof bits of kit! they handle amazingly, as kirbymeister said, go with the altezza its alot quicker and the rest is the same :)

They're RWD too, I only learned this like a year or so ago when one floored it on full lock out of a junction.

Nice cars. I have a soft spot for the propper CRX.

When I did my europe trip last year in the EP3 my friend came along in his IS200. I was consistently putting about a £10er less in at every petrol station. They handle great though. As has been said by a few on here already, they're slow for a 2.0l 6 banger and there's very little scope for tuning short of a charger.

Yeah the is200 isn't good on fuel and not very quick for the size of the engine. There very well built though and very reliable and also handle well. I've had 3 of them so far and Also an Altezza with the Yamaha beams engine in it and that's a much better engine than the 6 cylinder the is200 comes with. I've got a friend of mine currently selling a green is200 sport if anyone's after one? As much as I liked the Lexus/ Toyota I always miss not having a honda as end up coming back to them time and time again.

yea my lexus is still up for sale! no one wants them! its up for 900 and its such a better car than 900...but theres no value in them, they are insanely cheap for what you get!

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly really like them as they drive really nice, are well specced and look good and also well made. They are going so cheap now like you say. I sold my altezza last November for £3500 which wasn't a bad price but it had quite a few good mods like coilovers, 2 way diff etc. Wish I could of kept it and had the ep3 aswell but as much as I liked it I missed my old ep3 so had to get another one.

i'm a jap man through and through, i'd love to keep both, but at the end of the day id never drive both. its a shame but ill probably let it go for something inanely low.

Sorry for the thread hijack there....

Your is200 looks great on those wheels, It's something I'll consider when my civic becomes unusable on the road, though it's a shame to hear they don't have the guts to match the image.

Have you got any plans for the EP3? Such good cars for a bit of fiddling.

If you ever do go for an is200 try and get a Toyota Altezza instead with the 3sge Yamaha beams engine in it. 210bhp standard out of a 2 litre 4 cylinder. Awesome engine and much better than the underpowered 6 cylinder in the is200. Both cars look identical so you have all the looks and a bit more power to go with it. Just sold mine to get my current ep3.

Sorry for the thread hijack there....

Your is200 looks great on those wheels, It's something I'll consider when my civic becomes unusable on the road, though it's a shame to hear they don't have the guts to match the image.

Have you got any plans for the EP3? Such good cars for a bit of fiddling.

still have the wheels! trying to sell them for my ep3 wheels! xxr 527's i rekon! bit of offset :)

and yes get an altezza! much better!

Back