• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 FD2 Dyno'd by Litchfield Imports

Excellent read - cheers Lee. :D

I expect in 12 months when the prices start to tumble the FD2 will be coming over in numbers. :twisted:

i agree with kamion,

the price does take a big step up once on UK roads shame really...

Re: Pricing.

It's strange. Andy @ 200bhpcars & Miguel @ Newera can do the cars cheaper.
There can be no real difference in quality due to them being brand new cars.

After reading Liam's thread about his Subaru it seems Iain Litchfield's customer service is superb, but I don't think it could warrant an additional 1.5K on the purchase price.

I'm liking these more & more.

Good write up from Autocar - doing as much for the FD2 as it is for promoting Iain Litchfield!

The pricesmight start to fall if there's competition to Litchfield and when he starts shifting loads of them (perhaps!). But neither of these things will happen unless people start buying them.

*Back to job searching* :lol:

The UKDM DC2 Teg was circa £21K back in 1998, so I personally dont think the FD2 price is that bad relatively :cool:

I think 20k is a bargin for a car with 225bhp, lsd, recaros, brembos and honda japan build quality;) .
I have seen the FN2 for 24k at some honda garages!!

I do not get this issue with '£20k for a Civic'. You are not really paying for a badge, you are paying for the technology and everything you get. Compare the spec and performance of the FD with others in it's class.

It is allready spec'd better, with greater performance and components than our FN2, and is more focused appealing to a more hardcore driver. Those willing to pay that bit extra for a more involving drive, perhaps at the cost of a little comfort?

You pay a premium for that level of tune. You have to ignore how much it costs in Japan, that is an issue of market forces as much as anything, and compare what you get for the money, and look at what else you can get for the same or more.

I would happily compare the performance of the FD with say an Evo 260 or an STI Impreza, at least on paper, and those cars are priced a little more than the asking price for the FD. As for the Hatch competition without comparing back to back of course I would imagine it would blow the Focus ST's Megane's and Golfs off the road. Though of course you are paying a little more that some of those.

You also would get one thing no Golf or Focus driver would ever enjoy and that is exclusivity. Sitting in your FD the chances of seeing another on the road is pretty slim.

Id have one but at the moment am enjoying mine and am pretty certain I'd like something RWD again...probablyh ;) :D

You have to ignore how much it costs in Japan, that is an issue of market forces as much as anything, and compare what you get for the money, and look at what else you can get for the same or more.

Like I said, I'm moving to Japan. :lol:

I do not get this issue with '£20k for a Civic'. You are not really paying for a badge, you are paying for the technology and everything you get. Compare the spec and performance of the FD with others in it's class.

It is allready spec'd better, with greater performance and components than our FN2, and is more focused appealing to a more hardcore driver. Those willing to pay that bit extra for a more involving drive, perhaps at the cost of a little comfort?

You pay a premium for that level of tune. You have to ignore how much it costs in Japan, that is an issue of market forces as much as anything, and compare what you get for the money, and look at what else you can get for the same or more.

I would happily compare the performance of the FD with say an Evo 260 or an STI Impreza, at least on paper, and those cars are priced a little more than the asking price for the FD. As for the Hatch competition without comparing back to back of course I would imagine it would blow the Focus ST's Megane's and Golfs off the road. Though of course you are paying a little more that some of those.

You also would get one thing no Golf or Focus driver would ever enjoy and that is exclusivity. Sitting in your FD the chances of seeing another on the road is pretty slim.

Id have one but at the moment am enjoying mine and am pretty certain I'd like something RWD again...probablyh ;) :D

Good post G. :cool:

I think I will wait a while for the price to drop, especially as I still love driving my motor and get it a couple of years down the line.

Excellent find Lee! :cool:

The more I read of this car, the more I know that this will probably be my next car, (in a couple of years.) I adore the DC5 right now, and I was at a loss as to what to get next, as the FN2 (after test driving it) is just not my cup of Tea.

I would like to have kids in a few years, and to be able to keep the 'R' and have a car that you can get into the back of with ease .......This gives a real contender to the Scooby's etc, that come with the 4 door.

Realistically, you can now still have superb handling, extreamly tough, reliable engine with speed to boot, all packed into a very cool looking exterior that is not "just another sedan", at I think very good cost. :twisted:

Me want!!!

People who are knocking Litcho's pricing of the FD2 should first check with the other suppliers to see what they getting in their OTR price. Iain offers a warranty on all his FD2's along with a Thatcham CAT1 alarm.

People who are knocking Litcho's pricing of the FD2 should first check with the other suppliers to see what they getting in their OTR price. Iain offers a warranty on all his FD2's along with a Thatcham CAT1 alarm.

Liam - I can see your point, but NewEra is offering them @ £21550 ( clicky )
and even if that doesn't include a CAT1 or warranty you could have for £22000 if you cover those items yourself from that price.

As I said previously mate, after hearing how Iain helped you I don't doubt his service for one minute, but a £1000 is still £1000 or years insurance & road tax. If it's because it's the first model in I can understand it due to the cost of the first vehicle report etc, but if additional cars are going to be priced the same I can understand why people would look else where.

Liam - I can see your point, but NewEra is offering them @ £21550 ( clicky )
and even if that doesn't include a CAT1 or warranty you could have for £22000 if you cover those items yourself from that price.

As I said previously mate, after hearing how Iain helped you I don't doubt his service for one minute, but a £1000 is still £1000 or years insurance & road tax. If it's because it's the first model in I can understand it due to the cost of the first vehicle report etc, but if additional cars are going to be priced the same I can understand why people would look else where.
A fair point Lee, but it is worth noting the little things, like Newera only giving 6 months road tax against Iain's 12 months. It's entirely up to the individual where they want to buy from at the end of the day, but from having personal experience with Iain I know that he gives the full works on all cars sold (ie alarm, warranty etc) and I know he doesn't shoot for huge profit on his cars so at £23k I think his price is very competitive when weighed up against other suppliers who may only supply the 'bare' car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having tested it I really want one but are still struggling with the price a little. They are under 12k in Japan! Having spoken to Ian at LIchfield and having the test drive with him Im sure he does do a good deal! Im not sure if the prices will drop much. If there is a large demand for the car then surley the price will remain the same. I have noticed that 200hp have now put POA on their webiste rather than £19,995.

It's all about supply and demand at the end of the day. And like I've said before, these are businesses not charities!

If the sales are booming,then the "market" will normally settle at a level that's competitive but fairly evenly priced. Seems interesting that 200BHP have removed their previously advertised price. After all, say if Newera are 500notes cheaper than Litchfield, and EVERYONE buying an FD goes to Newera, they might soon find that all the effort of processing large amounts of orders isn't reflected in their margins, and they're not maximising their potential, so up the price will go to capitalise on the surge of orders!

Back