• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 FD2 exhaust

hey.

i want my FD2 to sound mean, but i dont really want to make it go faster.

any complications if i take the back box out and have a straight pipe from middle to back?

any suggestions?

hey.

any complications if i take the back box out and have a straight pipe from middle to back?

any suggestions?

I think you are the test bed here fella, having the first private one on the road. I would hazard a guess that as Mugen have played around with the FD2 in Japan, they would be your first port of call.

There's a lot of stuff for the FD2 in Japan.
Feel's, Spoon, Mugen, and BC (the usual suspects) all have parts mate.

Bazza can get the parts for all these brands.

As Mikey mentionned, you're gonna be the UK guinea pig though...
Or you could just take the car to an exhaust manufacturer here, ask him what you want and he'll make you a bespoke back box that sounds exactly how you want it to, and for £100-£200.

mate, for the Feel's goodies:
http://www.hondatwincam.co.jp/index2.html

on the main page there is a vid of their FD2.
They got a sport cat for it but no exhaust yet ...

fd2-metalcat-001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a lot of stuff for the FD2 in Japan.
Feel's, Spoon, Mugen, and BC (the usual suspects) all have parts mate.

Bazza can get the parts for all these brands.

As Mikey mentionned, you're gonna be the UK guinea pig though...
Or you could just take the car to an exhaust manufacturer here, ask him what you want and he'll make you a bespoke back box that sounds exactly how you want it to, and for £100-£200.

As your man says, huge amount of choice in Japan for parts already so would be a good option and I can vouch for Bazza's service for bits:cool:

hey.

any suggestions?
Just changing the back box won't give you any performance increase, so you may as well just go with a tried and tested solution such as a Mugan or Spoon back box.

Just changing the back box won't give you any performance increase, so you may as well just go with a tried and tested solution such as a Mugan or Spoon back box.

hi, like i said i dont want performance increase, just a nice sound.

went to my local Powerflow exhaust centre today. got my FD2 on ramp. first time ive had a look underneath!!

there is no underbody seal. so first thing i'm going to do is seal it!!

socondly, the guy can do me a straight pipe from middle to back and tweak the back box so it sounds the way i want it to. it wont mess up emmisions or anything but he did point out that it may invalidate warranty. so i'm going to have to ask litch what the score is on that. ive had custom exhausts done before at powerflow. lifetime warranty.

Cool.
Check with Liam but they definitely know that we buy these cars to mod them so I really don't think there will be any problem with a tweaked exhaust.

You'd deffo be the test bed. I'd be knocking at a tuners door mate :lol:

Give me some cheap parts for advertising :lol:

Seriously, speak to Litchfield and see what they say first ref warranty, but the normal thing is that whatever you change will only be affected.

If I had an FD2 there is no way I would be putting a Powerflow system on

Carl

Just seen this.. :)

Mugen Twin Loop is available for the FD2.. :D

Mugen Twin Loop Exhaust System
Product code: 18000-XKPC-K0S0 -
Normal price (RRP): £1197.21
Our price: £1017.46
TRO: £915.71

ses_01.jpg

Other systems include:

Tanabe Medalion G-Fordan Blue Exhaust
Tanabe Medalion G-Fordan Exhaust

And im pretty sure Feel's do a system now but its mega £££££££££££..

Just seen this.. :)

Mugen Twin Loop is available for the FD2.. :D

Mugen Twin Loop Exhaust System
Product code: 18000-XKPC-K0S0 -
Normal price (RRP): £1197.21
Our price: £1017.46
TRO: £915.71

ses_01.jpg

Other systems include:

Tanabe Medalion G-Fordan Blue Exhaust
Tanabe Medalion G-Fordan Exhaust

And im pretty sure Feel's do a system now but its mega £££££££££££..

Nice. :cool:

Back