• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 FD2 test drive

I've just come back from a test drive of the FD2! :D

Having driven the FN2 I can compare the two and my current car is an EP3 215WBHP. The ride is very hard but not too uncomfortable but the car feels really planted on the road. No movement from the back end at all and the LSD stops the understeer I could notice that there was little if no body roll in the corners even compared to the EP3. The throttle is very responsive and the v-tec change over is definitely noticeable something that doesn't happen in the EP3 now it's got Krpo. I know it's mainly there as a gimmick but this still brought a smile to my face.
Lower down the car seems to pull better than both the EP3 and the FN2! It feels much more responsive and quicker than the FN2. The interior is a little bland and not sure about the centre rev counter. The FN2 definitely looks better from the inside.
I am seriously thinking of buying the FD2 over the FN2 although is it worth the extra money. I'm sure it will remain quite exclusive and that is selling it for me at the moment.

Just waiting to sell my EP3 :twisted:

Thanks for the little review. As always JDM models are better! When will the UK get the full blooded models that we miss out on?!:mad:

Yep! It's not fair! Still not sure what to do yet keep looking at the brochure(even though it's in Japanese) I'm 34 and acting like a kid in a candy store:p

DC5 is a nice car but apparently the FD2 is quicker! There was a video which I can't get hold of which shows the FD2 to be quicker than the DC5 and keeps up with the NSX!

DC5 is a nice car but apparently the FD2 is quicker! There was a video which I can't get hold of which shows the FD2 to be quicker than the DC5 and keeps up with the NSX!

Yes that video is in the 'video' section. It's worth noting on that video that the DC5 was changing gear around the 7K RPM mark, That video was clearly a marketing ploy for the FD2 ;)

It looks as though that video has been taken off YT. :(

Yep! It's not fair! Still not sure what to do yet keep looking at the brochure(even though it's in Japanese) I'm 34 and acting like a kid in a candy store:p
I've got the brochure as well and it makes me want to buy one! Will be popping up to Powerstation soon so I think I'll blag a ride in FD2 demo Litcho has there.

I've got the brochure as well and it makes me want to buy one! Will be popping up to Powerstation soon so I think I'll blag a ride in FD2 demo Litcho has there.

Someone on the DC5 forum posted up a review.

AdrianK said:
It was a fantastic car guys, better than my teg in all respects id say.
You dont notice the small amount of extra weight, the dash layout is very intuitive, the list goes on...
Had to say straight off, the suspension std is v. stiff, bumpy but the levels of grip the car provides are leaps and bounds above the DC5 imo. Very planted to the ground (RE070 prob have something to do with this), the brakes are much stronger than mine, and the engine is also much smoother, say goodbye to the stuttering in low gears! The extra power and torque i would say are not noticable really, it pulls strongly but not really any much better than the teg.
Car looks fantasic in the flesh IMO, i took some pics but they dont do the car justice. Anyone with a family who is looking for a new car, this has to be perfect, and even for those without, if you can afford it, IMO it bests the DC5 in all areas, i encourage any of you to go drive it!
Thanks to Ian at Litchfield for the drive :) Heres some pictures i took...
dsc00342largetl3.jpg

dsc00341largemz7.jpg

dsc00349largenw8.jpg

dsc00353largeha8.jpg

dsc00350largekx4.jpg

dsc00354largebo1.jpg

dsc00351largety7.jpg

dsc00345largeqt9.jpg

dsc00344largeih6.jpg

dsc00355largend5.jpg

Feel Free to leave any comments, and any questions just ask![

Can't wait to see the FD2 in the Metal -

Anyone interested in coming and seeing the car if your in the North of England - our FD2 CTR will be arriving on the 30th July 2007.

"come and see and go out for test drive weeK" will be from the 2-9th of Aug.

After that the car is going in for SVA testing..

I hope it passses:confused:

Oh by the way mikey,

My sincere appologies for not getting back to you on here about your question on the FD2 civic.

As i have already posted on the ITR-DC5 forum - we are now holding all enquires on the FD2 ill its registered as there are too many unkowns to sell the car before it arrives.

In all likelyhood we will be waiting till the car is SVA clear and registered for UK use before taking and enquires on the car and future order from Japan.

The estimated OTR price (inc a 2 year warranty) from us in the future for anyone placing an order and paying in advance will be around 19,995.

For this 1st car, because it will already be on the road and ready for use when we come to sell it around end Aug sometime - it will be priced at around 21-22K depending upon the costs to have the car Sva'd.

Thanks for the pictures of Litcho's demo Stu. Looking forward to going up to see Iain now! The guy can drive, take it from me, so it should be a blast!:cool:

Very smart in those close-up pics :cool:

When are HUK going to learn that the UKDMs are fcuking sh!t compared to JDMs and get the UKDMs sorted out??

Hmm may have to find an excuse to visit Powerstation and see Curtis, and you know pop next door while I am there :D

Back