• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

feeling light when steering???

now guys i could be just paranoid considering the weather this far north recently and the state of some of the roads but im curious about this.... :confused:

when im driving and turning the wheels, it almost feels like there is very little grip or the steering is light..... especially when powering out of a corner or round a roundabout, now im not sure if the tracking may be out or that there is a problem with the tyres..... there is still a considerate amount of tread left on the wheels.

im just curious if anyone has experienced this or has any ideas?? i just dont want it to be anything serious, like steering rack or power steering pump??

thanks

If anything like the steering rack is damaged the steering will become heavier.

Not put air in your tyres recently have you ???

To be honest I was having trouble with tyre pressures for a few weeks!! Recently I had the alloys refurbed and the pressure in the o/s front wouldn't hold so had the two fronts checked and re-sealed, tested and valves changed and was told after, that they were fine??

I had a slight knock at about 5-10 mph, side on with a kerb when the ice and snow was horrific up here just before Christmas? Could this of maybe knocked the tracking? I've had my mechanic friend check the bushes and driveshaft along with drop links and everything else and he said it all looked solid!!

Certainly sounds like a slippy road. I actually had this last night, thought it was warm when I left the gym, at a few roundabouts felt the same problem. Exactly the same in fact, turned out it was -0.5 out.

Back