• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Few questions about a cpl racing's turbo conversion

Hi everyone.

Ive just bought a cpl racing turbo converted 2003 civic type r (to replace my mk1 supercharged mx5) and because ive not picked it up yet am unsure of a few things about some details of the conversion.

Btw its on their own site in the car of the month section , january 2008 satin silver with the carbon fibre bonnet.

Ive done a bit of hunting around and it might have a kaaz diff and nitron coilovers fitted to it now but until i get it back ive no idea.

What brand of turbo kit do they install, and is this reliable?

And is there any more bhp available with this kit with standard internals?

Thanks for reading!

would love to see the car (when you get it) i'm trying to turbo my TFs K20 but turboing doesnt seem to be explored over here like it is in the US

i can't speak for the CPL kit, upping bhp will depend on all sorts, like the fuel pump and what flow the turbo is rated too

the problem is you'll only know thoes two figures by taking them apart and having them assesed or with a recipt of purchase for the part number

after that you can up the boost until the Turbo can't flow anymore or the injectors lean out

so again you need to know what the injectors are rated at

in the us they've seen 1000bhp with big turbos, high boost and forge internals on a 24 bottom end.... so the sky is the limit if you have the dollor

So you have bought the car blind?

Why don't you ring up CPL and ask what they fitted to it?

Hi B4bby,

Not been on here in a while, but i came across your post when searching for some info. I owned this car when the conversion was carried out, i will see if i can find the list of parts i had installed at the time, although i won't be able to say what else has been installed since then, i think it has had 2 or 3 owners since i sold it.

Let me know if you want me to pm them to you or e-mail etc :smt023

I am happy to see that it is still modified and has not been stripped down for parts yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
You bought Bud's car?

I had a CPL kitted EP3 last year, depending on the clutch in the car you can run it up to around 320bhp on standard clutch, mine was, then upgrade clutch and should see 350+ however I wouldn't think much more due to standard internals not liking much more.

Assuming you have at least 750cc injectors and a 255 fuel pump you will be fine.

Manifold design will also limit you in terms of power, log's are not that efficient.

I have my K20 sat in the garage awaiting a project, turbo still attached.

Back