• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Filter time Piper or K&N

U beat me to it, I saw the K&N on the dream website today. I have the piper cross and actually think in the 2 months I have had it, its got louder (or maybe its sagged and bust)

Anyone fitted their K&N and want to upload a sound clip?

I will most probably get the K&N as well and do a back to back. I have asked Dream what is the loudest in their opinion

U beat me to it, I saw the K&N on the dream website today. I have the piper cross and actually think in the 2 months I have had it, its got louder (or maybe its sagged and bust)

Anyone fitted their K&N and want to upload a sound clip?

I will most probably get the K&N as well and do a back to back. I have asked Dream what is the loudest in their opinion

Dotty and I are picking ours up on Saturday morning. I'll upload some pics and a clip.

Haven't driven it yet. Sounded slightly throatier on throttle blip. Not expecting it to make a massive difference but any extra volume / character will be welcome. Probably down on power given my hamfisted removal and reassembly of the filter housing!

Haven't driven it yet. Sounded slightly throatier on throttle blip. Not expecting it to make a massive difference but any extra volume / character will be welcome. Probably down on power given my hamfisted removal and reassembly of the filter housing!

3 clips and off , 2 minute job..?

3 clips and off , 2 minute job..?

Yep 3 clips - but was at least a 20 min job on mine. The top of the filter housing wouldn't come off cleanly without removing the funnel that feeds air. There was literally no movement in it at all.

Total PITA for something so simple.

Okay so had a drive in it this morning. Minimal difference in sound - very very subtle at low speed. No discernible difference in performance - if anything feels a touch laggier can't see any reason for that so would put it down to butt dyno aberration. For the cost of £70 and the faff to put it in would I do it again? No.

Unfortunately Silverstone GP was cancelled due to snow. We left at 5 am and started our drive towards Northampton. It’s far too dangerous. Motorways were covered.

7b1b2172dfb9302e544c1a60e334ce25.jpg

Good news is that the K&N is awesome!

9f0e8a410e6b3d8b09160a303c80669f.jpg

a679f3adfc3b1de623a26ed402da336e.jpg

Bonnet up loads loader. Can’t really be heard from inside under normal conditions. On full chat however it sounds lovely. Both Dotty and I noticed a difference in torque as well. Car seems to pull better.

3189d79b46cb5fdc022ea98344e3def5.jpg

I had AMS OIL Synchromesh transmission oil as well and that stuff is amazing! Silky smooth gear changes now

e850c529dca49a3433f6e84927eace02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately Silverstone GP was cancelled due to snow. We left at 5 am and started our drive towards Northampton. It’s far too dangerous. Motorways were covered.

7b1b2172dfb9302e544c1a60e334ce25.jpg

Good news is that the K&N is awesome!

9f0e8a410e6b3d8b09160a303c80669f.jpg

a679f3adfc3b1de623a26ed402da336e.jpg

Bonnet up loads loader. Can’t really be heard from inside under normal conditions. On full chat however it sounds lovely. Both Dotty and I noticed a difference in torque as well. Car seems to pull better.

3189d79b46cb5fdc022ea98344e3def5.jpg

I had AMS OIL Synchromesh transmission oil as well and that stuff is amazing! Silky smooth gear changes now

e850c529dca49a3433f6e84927eace02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that AMS Oil just a additive or complete gearbox oil?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Anyone tried the HKS hybrid foam panel filter that I have on mine?
Not sure it makes more noise but does feel a bit perkier.

So the Pipercross can definitely be heard inside with the radio off on every prod of the loud pedal...

If your disappointed with the K&N and want some sound I would recommend it, and its a good bit cheaper.

So the Pipercross can definitely be heard inside with the radio off on every prod of the loud pedal...

If your disappointed with the K&N and want some sound I would recommend it, and its a good bit cheaper.

Can confirm! With the Pipercross if you lift with boost it will sound inside with windows closed and radio off (or very low).

You're a brave man changing box oil under warranty with the box issues that are popping up

I did it to avoid the issues. The gear change actually feels like its got some oil in the box now. What if the gearbox issues are due to **** oil?

The AMS contains additives that can only help wear. Doing it now makes a lot more sense than in 50k miles when the damage is done.

And should a warranty issue arise i'll swap the oil back.

Back