• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Filter time Piper or K&N

Fitted the PC, not overly amazed but it’s in... having said that, this week the car had serious issues, total loss of power.. snow sat with the service team as they say there is an airflow sensor issue showing up on the plugin... They have ordered a new one so should be interesting..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that before or after you fitted the filter?

Pipercross gets louder with age & time I swear it...

After, could be coincidental.. but utter nightmare, was about to show a gti the good news when every light available came on and she jumped into limp mode.. Must have made his day;)

I had an error throw up after dream fitted it so he whacked out the lap top and cleared it.

Ha the opposite to you yesterday but I had a TT which clearly had a few quid spent on see me on a dual carriage way, slow down to allow me along side then did the whole beep three time and floor it where I just stayed as I was, to which I then saw a huge cloud of blue smoke out of his pipes and the hazards go on as he pulled on to the curb. And no i didn't beep as I went past....much.

They’d have a hard time proving an air filter was damaging the system. As it’s only the sensor that’s at fault.. If the new sensor went in and still the same, I’d need to change the filter back or blow the warranty.. I’ve known these guys for 15 years, 6th new car with them, they are good and look after me.. but, you never know;)

Either way, it’s about to have a load more added to the back..

They’d have a hard time proving an air filter was damaging the system. As it’s only the sensor that’s at fault.. If the new sensor went in and still the same, I’d need to change the filter back or blow the warranty.. I’ve known these guys for 15 years, 6th new car with them, they are good and look after me.. but, you never know;)

#facepalm #eyeroll

#facepalm #eyeroll

Hate it when that happens..

Mind you.......

It actually went in for them to fit the door lights that they left out when the Illumination pack went in...

At the end of the day the car was in bits with door panels off all over the shot...

We shall see;)

It's cool you know the dealer and sure no worries but You can imagine some dealers getting a bit sniffy "ah that's cos you fitted that aftermarket part not touching it!"

What exhaust you getting then? (Or you having a cycle rack fitted)

Mind you.......

It actually went in for them to fit the door lights that they left out when the Illumination pack went in...

At the end of the day the car was in bits with door panels off all over the shot...

We shall see;)

It's cool you know the dealer and sure no worries but You can imagine some dealers getting a bit sniffy "ah that's cos you fitted that aftermarket part not touching it!"

What exhaust you getting then? (Or you having a cycle rack fitted)

1ded8ca88024d04c02acf2a196042bea.jpg

Made me laugh

just dropped the K&N in mine, feels smoother on pickup and I'm getting a little "whoosh" onboard whereas before I heard nadda.

QQ - first service, should Honda change the air filter as the one I took out was dirty and obviously hadn't been done. is the first service just an engine oil change?

I'd look in the service book, but the dealer forgot to give it back to me! (doh)

QQ - first service, should Honda change the air filter as the one I took out was dirty and obviously hadn't been done. is the first service just an engine oil change? I'd look in the service book, but the dealer forgot to give it back to me! (doh)

answering my own question (sharing is caring) air filter is changed at 3 years or 37500 miles, glad I did it after 8500 miles with the amount of autumnal fallout found in my filter :lol:

Same as the fk2, it surprised me when I read 3 years because as you pointed out they're not exactly clean

Back