• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

First Honda

Cars going in next monday for the roof to get painted.
Do anyone know what code readers work weel with the fn2? Just for future use if needed.
Also, when braking to a halt theres a clunking/rattle when doing so. Would the drilled/grooved discs cause this?

ok so I dropped the car off to the paintshop today to get the roof sorted.

and now......

I'm a man with a van :cool:

Got it back today, Great Job done.
Thank FuKc as the van got swapped with a 1.6 astra. Wow thats an awful car.

As I collected it there was another FN2 waiting to go in for the same problem, had rages on it, anyone on here?

Its been a LONG time since I spoke about this so sit tight and stay tuned.
please :)

I love this car, its predictable, I trust it when it gets thrown about, OK I know its not the fastest car out there but when they look this good... I dont care

It went for its 40k mile service at GI motorsport and while it was there it got valve clearances checked, braided brake hoses fitted ( no pics ), Springs fitted and then went to Kenny Brown in hillington for the geometry done.
I had also got the rocker cover refurbished by Paul @ spooner in Milano red. Guys a pleasure to deal with!
I then decided to change from drilled and grooved discs to just grooved with red stuff pads front and rear as I found the drilled ones really noisy.

A guy who detailed the car ventured into Hydrodipping so I saw an opportunity that had to be had, SO I bought an HKS RSK, and while I was waiting on that I gave him my slam panel and fuse box cover to dip...

It went from this

to this

to this

I got the boys at Funky power to paint my covers piano black to finish it off.
The noise is just magical and it seems to add more tunnels to my journeys wherever I go :)
For the eagle eyes out there the blue hose on the HKS has now been changed to the original one as it wasnt in the box when I got it.

Up next.. fit the folding mirror module, get wheels done either grey again or silver, cant decide. and MAYBE a seeker fin.
Had to get one of the tyres replaced due to a slice on the side ( they are only a few months old :( )

Because Seeker is a small niche company and I personally don't agree with replicas.

update time..

The wheels had been painted grey, as much as i liked the colour, I hated how easily they flaked after getting the tyres replaced so off to Carrick they went.
Silver they went and I got carbon centre caps with a red H logo.

A new battery, foglight protectors ( not fitted yet ) and some new bulbs really completes this update.

I love that slam panel. Actually, the whole engine bay is looking rather erotic.

I like the silver wheels.

I also vote seeker wing, (but I'm Scottish and like a bargain, so I vote Tegiwank replica).

It depends what your needing done really, I used Carrick when I was at the garage and were great but new owners now you don't get the same kinda deals.great job all the same mind you.
They do hydro dipping but they didn't do mine, Ayrshire hydrographics done it.
Facebook search them, small business, good to give a wee turn to now and again.

I would like a dress up kit for the slam panel rather than the black plastic clips but not sure where to get them.

The wing will be after crimbo...
Also considered changing the hks to the tegiwa carbon airbox but that would involve selling the hks and sourcing the pipework needed to refit the airbox as i dont have them.

The last few weeks have been hectic, Hospital, crazyass work shifts and demands and trying to arrange my new acquirement.
For about years now i have been trying to get a hold of a good enough lockup.
Finally found the correct people to speak to and its finally happened. approx 20ft x 25ft ( ish ).
This was my first weekend with access to it so I took the opportunity to get the place sorted,
Few pics after today, Finally gave it the clean it needed and fitted the coming home light module I got last year.
This gives me the chance to do things to the car myself without putting it off due to rain, no where to do it etc.
Bring on the summer,
Still got a few things to get into it but all in good time.

That's awesome! I wasn't expecting it to be anything like that size! I'll need to pop down soon so we can chat about paint.

Big plans for the car?

yea you should mate.
Take sometime to mess around with yours while your there.

Not sure yet, gotta get this place to what I want it first.
Stupid wee things but big enough to make a difference.

Just gotta get back into this lying on the ground lark again lol.

Back