• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

First Meguiars claybar post!!

Used it for the first time yesterday, bl@@dy excellent stuff. My wife thinks I've gone mad because I keep running my fingers across the car...

Smells good enough to eat too..

I concur, used it on the wifes fiesta for my first go last week, then did my bonnet and front bumper at the weekend. Couldnt believe the difference!!! My mate spent yesterday claying his A4, took him a while but he's over the moon and also cant stop feeling up the paint!!!
Cheers
AC :lol:

I have to agree the Quik Detailer does smell lovely! :lol: :lol:

glen8 said:
Right! that's it.....where's my switch card gone

Just spoke to Dalco and he should be registering now!!!
Get your shopping list out Glen!
Cheers
AC :lol:

Very good stuff, takes a while the first time but you can hear the crap coming off the paintwork.

In my father words 'what are you using that expensive crap for, spending money on nothing. It's the same as all the other stuff I use'

I then used it on his 4x4 for him, and I've not seen it since :roll: His car does appear clean everytime I see it though. He's even given me an order to buy the same Meguaris stuff I have for him!

Will be needing another one I guess, and Dalco will no doubt have few shopping lists! :lol:

EmmaT said:
Would someone tell me how long does it take to claybar the whole car please? :D

Thanks

Took me about 2 hours start to finish including the wax afterwards. :)

I think I will be giving my car another going over with the clay, I have a lot of spare time on my hands in the next few weeks.

Might try another manufacturers clay tho, as its not just Meguiars who make it. See if there is a difference.

Try the Sonus Green Clay. I find it much easier to use than the Meguiars. Personally, I wouldn't clay your car too often. You risk dulling the gloss of the clearcoat.

JT said:
Try the Sonus Green Clay. I find it much easier to use than the Meguiars. Personally, I wouldn't clay your car too often. You risk dulling the gloss of the clearcoat.

It will be the 3rd and final time in 1 year, in preparation for the coming Autumn/Winter. Thats not too often is it??

Well the clay bar isnt a rubbing compond is it?

So you can do it as often as you want surely?

Also can you use the same claybar a couple of times. Obviously if you keep it moist between uses. I know you can just nead it into a new clean surface.

Clay bars come in different grades according to the size of the polishing particles. So in effect clay is like a rubbing compound except the contaminants get trapped in the clay.

You can knead the clay to get a clean surface, but I only ever use about 50grams of clay for 2 whole cars.

I chuck out my 50g bar after using it twice, because I always pick up a few 100g bars when I'm out in the US or Canada. Its much cheaper.

How long you use your bar of clay for depends on how contaminated the bar is and not how many times you use it.

Back