• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

First MOT booked.

Neily03

Professional Hippy
My CTR is having its first MOT on friday (28th) :cry: , Im having it done a month early so if it fails for anything i can take it back to the honda dealer and have it fixed under warrenty :wink: , althought i doubt it'll fail. :wink: 8)

Feels like a bit of a milestone in my CTR ownership! :oops: :cry:

dotty said:
Mines not due for another 18 months, but christ its flying :shock:

I know! It feels like i only picked her up a few months ago! I can't believe its been nearly 3 years!!

Sometimes it scares me how fast time flies!! :? :cry:

My MOT will be due on Sept 1st but will do the same, early August booking just incase. :wink:

I had my first MOT in April, the CTR flew through 8)

I was a bit worried about it but the guy at the service desk said CTRs only ever fail on tyres and nothing else.

Just a general note about MOT's.

Due to the computerisation of MOT stations, the test now takes longer and there are only a certain number of test per day per station.

Coming up to the last registration change I believe there were more cars needing MOT's than there were spaces available.

The lesson here is to book an MOT date early to be sure it is when you want it and remember you can have it carried out up to 30 days in advance without losing any time on the certificate.

For those with private plates you need to take the registration document along if it is the first MOT, thereafter, the expiring MOT.

Dave S said:
Just a general note about MOT's.

Due to the computerisation of MOT stations, the test now takes longer and there are only a certain number of test per day per station.

Coming up to the last registration change I believe there were more cars needing MOT's than there were spaces available.

The lesson here is to book an MOT date early to be sure it is when you want it and remember you can have it carried out up to 30 days in advance without losing any time on the certificate.

For those with private plates you need to take the registration document along if it is the first MOT, thereafter, the expiring MOT.

cheers dave for those nuggets of info ;)

Did you take it for its MOT to a Honda dealer?? I'm taking mine to a local garage where my mum takes her Z3. 8)

Mine passed first time on its first one in March 8)

Going to have fun now the Toda Mani is going on Saturday. Need to find a friendly MOT station in future :lol:

Captain Redbeard said:
Neily03 said:
Did you take it for its MOT to a Honda dealer?? I'm taking mine to a local garage where my mum takes her Z3. 8)
Unfortunately the other 2 garages nearby that do MOTs are even more dodgy than Honda. :lol: :roll:

:lol: :lol: My mums had her Z3 MOT'd at this local place a few times and they just did a service on it last week too, they seem pretty good. Even still i'm gona wait with my CTR. :smt055 :smt055 :oops: :lol:

Seeing as its my CTR's first MOT and it isn't actually due till 23rd May do i need to take my log book so they can 'post date' it?

any time cutie pie.
arnie.jpg

Passed. 8)

He had to do me a handwritten certificate as the computers at VOSA were down, he said if i pop in next week he'll print me a proper one. 8)

Captain Redbeard said:
Neily03 said:
He had to do me a handwritten certificate as the computers at VOSA were down, he said if i pop in next week he'll print me a proper one. 8)
Still? I got one of those on Wednesday for the same reason. :lol:

Pink one? He did say its been down for a few days... :lol:

Back