• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

First Trackday Tomorrow!

It was a great evening...my front nearside tyre is in a right state :D :D

Only one slightly hairy moment :shock: when Dylan had a spin coming out of Paddock about a car length in front of me......thank goodness I managed to avoid him (passed behind him missing by just a couple of feet) - it could have been rather expensive for both of us!

Overall everybody's track discipline was excellent - a far higher standard of ettiquette than some other days i've attended - it also helped that there weren't massive performance differentials between the cars - mixing it with 911s, TVRs, Caterhams and Radicals etc on an open pitlane event can be a different kettle of fish altogether.

Well done to Steve and Sara for all their hard work organising the evening. I'll look forward to the next one! With a bit of luck i might make it to Croft if I can get the day off work!

8) Top day out that was!!

Cheers to HOT for sorting out excellent track day.

I was one of the crazy spinning s2k guys fire_2 was refering to :lol: and it was on my cooling down lap.

Awesome evening.........Thanks guys

Who needs a typeR, my 1.4 Civic on its skinny cheap and cheerful tyres had me laughing all the way round the track. It felt like a jelly about to wobble off the plate :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

theres another open pit lane at brand £199 full day!

on the 19th!

07:30 Signing on
08:30 Safety briefing
09:00 Open lane begins
13:00 Lunch
14:00 Track time restarts
17:00 Track time ends

anyone up for that?
:twisted: :twisted:

thanx guys, i'am afraid the trackday bug has biten me hard, counting down the days till Silverstone GP :!: :!: :!:

Sara said:
Who needs a typeR, my 1.4 Civic on its skinny cheap and cheerful tyres had me laughing all the way round the track. It felt like a jelly about to wobble off the plate :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How come you were driving a 1.4?? :lol:

Great day

and thanks to the people that took me out for some laps especially Johnny English and Friendly, was a good day had a slight ohh shit moment when the S2000 spun infront of us and John was right behind us but all came away unscathed.

Was interesting to see the differences in the power of the Rotrex Car and the Jackson car on track, and I ot to say in my honest opinion there naff all in it

kamion said:
Sara said:

How come you were driving a 1.4?? :lol:

haha Cos you dont need a Type R to have fun on a trackday, you can even take the lower powered Hondas on a HOT day as I proved :roll: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best bit about the day I think was the variety of cars, we even had an NSX......Awesome 8)

Was quality, it was a shame I was getting into it a bit more when it all finished :lol:

Next time I will fill the oil before I start though, as checking it while it was hot was a bit ouch ouch, well for Friendy anyway :lol:

Hopefully have the brakes upgraded a bit by the next one, as it definitely started to fade as I was getting into it.

Big Thanks to Steve and Sara aka HOT for arranging the day and giving us novices a chance, although being chased down by a race prepped Civic and Teg was a bit nervy at first, and then Spence overtaking me coming into a bend :roll: ;) (good footage though) we all gotta learn somewhere :p

Can't wait till I do the next one now, think I might see what Donnington have on offer next month :lol:

Carl

Well I survived my 1st trackday without a scratch 8)

Although I have lost a bit of rubber from my tyres :twisted:

Was a great day and I really enjoyed it, all my nerves soon dissappeared as soon as I got on the track. This was helped with having my first session with the instructor.

Paddock Hill bend was mental, but I didn't have no scary moments so I couldn't have been pushing hard enough.
For the faster guys I hope I didn't slow you down too much. :oops:

Only down side was all my pics are rubbish :evil:

Back