• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting a rear Tie Bar

Baa

How to fit a tie bar......

I have not really noticed any differance to the handling of the car with the tie bar on, but it does look nice :D

The tie bar is easy to fit all you really need is a ramp.

Just undo this bolt

Use a rubber covered metal bar to stop the arm from moving out of position. Slide the bar between the arm and the casing at the top of this picture

Push the bolt through the Tie Bar then put a little thread lock on the thread, and tighten it back up to 59Nm. Make sure that there are some of the bolt thread showing through on this side.

Repeat on the other side and it should look like this.

Click on pictures to enlarge.

Hope this helps.

dotty said:
paul.goffin said:
I pressume you would use the same method for the Carbing Tie Bar?

Yes mate.

Nice work Alex :smt023

Is everyone who buying the carbs from trung using this guide??

how easy it is ??

i'm a complete tool so wouldnt know where to start :oops: could i do this??

Gary

To reinforce the lower box section that the lower arms are attached to. The bar reduces flexing in the box so that the geometry of the rear wheels are more accurate when the car is loaded up at one side when under hard cornering. It may not make much difference, and many people do not feel one either, but its the little things that help. ;)

I felt a difference after installing the tie-bar when undertaking extreme roundabout action and a greater difference overall after the jdm-arb was fitted too. The back end is more twitchy when sweeping through fast but bumpy corners but the car feels more planted at during A-road action.

Back