• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting Double DIN - security?

Danger200

Hi there

I know this question has been asked alot, but I have decided to buy myself a Kenwood unit DVD jobbie. has anyone got a picture of a dounble din fitted, not the standard satnav unit btw :p.
BUT my main concern is security for my car as it doesnt have a face off like most headunits. has anyone seen or knows how to manufacture something that could fit over the stereo to hide it when im parked up?

cheers for the help

http://yhst-1408381693991.stores.yahoo.net/ciep3tyr02.html

Have a look here fourth row down it says it is off a 98 spec DC2 but it is in the EP3 section so don't know if it will fit

cheers for that mike
the double DIN im looking at has a twisty knob for the sound, i reckon it pokes out too far for that plate to fit but thats the sort of thing i am looking for :D

That not a cover for the stereo, it a so cover for the hole for cars that didn't come with one.

That not a cover for the stereo, it a so cover for the hole for cars that didn't come with one.

Yeah it is but it does say
''This item is a Geunine Honda Part. Is a faux carbon fiber piece that covers your dual din stero. '' so figured it would cover the stereo as well. Maybe a bit misleading

When you fit a double DIN into an EP3 you have to fit it without the cage and screw it to the mount on the back of the dash the way the orginal is attached so unless a thief has the time to take your dash off then they wont be staling it any time soon. Will post pics of mine later

When you fit a double DIN into an EP3 you have to fit it without the cage and screw it to the mount on the back of the dash the way the orginal is attached so unless a thief has the time to take your dash off then they wont be staling it any time soon. Will post pics of mine later

They won't know that though until they've smashed your window got in and attempted to remove it

Yeah but at the end of the day thats the risk you run by having anything other than standard fitted to a car, thats what insurance is for lol, and alarm systems

Yeah it is but it does say
''This item is a Geunine Honda Part. Is a faux carbon fiber piece that covers your dual din stero. '' so figured it would cover the stereo as well. Maybe a bit misleading

You've missed thit bit;

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Came off a DC2 98 and up Spec. that don't have a radio as an option (race model).[/FONT]

so basically it wont fit then? lol im confused, from a brief look at their typing on the descriptions and stuff i take it they aren't english.

cheers recoy that would be a great help.
well i was thinking of having the windows tinted so could help with security

Back