• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting LSD

Evl

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I'm looking into fitting an LSD into my CTR and wondered if anyone has done this already, costs involved and ability needed??

Thanks guys

Cost of the LSD itself plus you'd need a proper ramp as you won't be able to do it on normal axle stands due to the tranny needing to come out.

If you're comfortable taking the gearbox out and re-fitting it without ballsing it up then go for it, if not hand over about £350 ish iirc to get a pro to fit it.

I recommend TGM if your anywhere near, there was some chap on the CTRO who posted his efforts on fitting a LSD, looked pretty cool. If you haven't got the facilities or mechanical know how I'd tend to favour getting it done by a pro.

I recommend TGM if your anywhere near, there was some chap on the CTRO who posted his efforts on fitting a LSD, looked pretty cool. If you haven't got the facilities or mechanical know how I'd tend to favour getting it done by a pro.

i think that it will be a pro job, from what Chris said, it's a doozer of a job. erm, i'm in the n/e of scotland, but if it can be done in a day I would drive to have to done right.

Where is TGM??

i think that it will be a pro job, from what Chris said, it's a doozer of a job. erm, i'm in the n/e of scotland, but if it can be done in a day I would drive to have to done right.

Where is TGM??

TGM is in Sankey Lane, Fleet. (check out the TGM section in the traders section)

I would not attempt it myself but it is a worthy mod for the EP3. It comes as standard on the DC5 and it makes such a difference! :twisted:

TGM is in Sankey Lane, Fleet. (check out the TGM section in the traders section)

I would not attempt it myself but it is a worthy mod for the EP3. It comes as standard on the DC5 and it makes such a difference! :twisted:

what does a LSD do though? is it in the way that the power is put down?

Thank you kind dotty. it's nice to be able to learn something new everyday

No problem, Wikpedia is always there on hand

If you have the spare funds I would get it done ;)

My missus has an EP3 and I often drive it. There is a certain roundabout near hers where you can *ahem" push ones car to its cornering limits. The DC5 soaks it up where as her EP3 skits all over the place ;)

No problem, Wikpedia is always there on hand

If you have the spare funds I would get it done ;)

My missus has an EP3 and I often drive it. There is a certain roundabout near hers where you can *ahem" push ones car to its cornering limits. The DC5 soaks it up where as her EP3 skits all over the place ;)

Going by the cost I think that is going to be an after christmas project, but i think that it is worth doing :twisted:

Going by the cost I think that is going to be an after christmas project, but i think that it is worth doing :twisted:

Sure is!

IF you haven't already done so I would consider a fast road set up and springs. :smt047

TGM did my springs, fast road set up and Quaiffe diff too - totally transforms the car imo.:twisted::twisted:

It was well worth getting a pro to sort it out imo, as I'm somewhat "mechanically challenged", but it was the best money I think I've spent on the CTR.;)

Back