• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting rear camber arms

You need axle stands, a socket set and some WD40.

You are replacing like for like, the camber arm has two mounting points on the chassis and one on the strut.

The bugger is when doing the nearside as the petty tank gets in the way. Once you've got the new arms, get the rear wheel off and you'll see what needs doing.

Just adjust the new arm to the same length as the OEM one you are taking off until you get the geometry done properly.

2 x bolts each side - job done! [put a jack under the arm]

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
just wondering, when using axle stands where do you put them as you can't use the jacking points as the jack is already there

just wondering, when using axle stands where do you put them as you can't use the jacking points as the jack is already there

The EP3 also has two jacking points in the centre of the car, one at the front and the rear tow bar at the back. It is all explained in your manual. Jack the car up with the centre rear jacking point and then put the axle stands under the side points where you would jack it if you got a puncture.

Another sort of guide for camber arm replacement:

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=573979#post573979

You can adjust them whilst in situ, but you need to get them set up by a professional to get the most out of them.

when i saw jermal was posting in "fitting rear camber arms" before i opened the page i knew this thread would be in reference to axle stands. REMEMBER TO USE THEM FOLKS.

got these in the post the other day

also i bought my bro's suspension off him with abp springs £50 job lot not done many miles either just need to get them on now ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 48
just fitted my d2 camber arms can anyone tell me how to fit camber bolts or is it a case of just putting them in and tightening them up?

Back