• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Fitting the most frustrating badge in the world!

Hi All,

I have recently bought a type r badge for the front grill and because it was an eBay job it doesn't seem to fit through the holes on the grill. So now I am asking what is the best stuff to glue it on to the grill with that wont make a mess of the grill when I have some spare cash to change this one for a real one.

Cheers guys,
Ruairidh

Funny enough I just bought one off Ebay too a week ago. I thought it would be really easy to fit until i read the instructions on having to remove bumper etc. I guess mine will stay in its envelope for a good while yet. Seems like a lot of hassle just for a badge....

Yeh that's what I'm thinking but Iv seen a lot of people use glue or silicone to put it on instead !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just been reading posts on civinfo and it seems it can be done without dropping bumper as long as you don't need the skin left on your knuckles. I'm gonna have a go at weekend :)

Update for you Ruairidh... Spent an hour trying to fit the badge. Lots of broken panel clips later and some bleeding knuckles and still no badge on grill.

I think I will be taking the advice of the others and buying a genuine one. Also there is no way at all of getting it on without taking the grill out completely unless you have the hands of a baby. There is no way to reach the pin closest to the light to get the clip tightened down.

As the man above said buy cheap, buy twice. He obviously knows what he's talking about :)

Is the badge £29.95 on eBay by any chance? Just seen this thread before i clicked the buy button! :)

Mine was £23.95 with free postage. Said something in ad about being the only one that is most like the genuine one.... but then I suppose he would say that ;)

Back