• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting VIS Carbon Fibre Spoiler

As the title states, mines is on but apart from being short on screws which I have now filled the spare holes so no water gets in, there were no holes to secure it at the edges. This meant going over bumps the spoiler sometimes moves a little and hits off the rear window.

What have people done to stop this? Double sided sticky tape or pads which I cant seem to find anywhere seem the best solution.

Any ideas?

Silicon gel can work well as it allows some cushioning when the wing moves a bit, and should stop any rattling :)

^^ never thought of that mate, I didnt want to stick silcone on incase it reacted with the carbon.

I bought no more nales clear pads which would do the same job, and I had some rubber cushioning but it was too much of a mess to hide it all.

Maybe the no more nails pads will do the job but they are so thing no cushion will be offered.

Seem to remember that the spoiler came with pads when i had mine although iirc System R used some of there own strong double sided tape to fit it.

There was still some movement in it but not enough for it to bounce off the window.

Managed to get double sided sticky pads from halfruads last nite so they should do the trick and provide more cushion than the tape.

Didnt get a chance to fit them tho as a washer fell in the boot and I had to take the plastic off making a hole on the inside boot handle as it was screwed down :( Managed to place it back on and use some no more nails pads to hold it down in postion as the superglue dried up - fcuking typical!!.

You cant tell its there but I know it is and that will bug me for a while I may have to get a replacement. Apart from that the job is just about down. Adjusted it to the maximum tilt, suffering from drag I can feel it but it looks 8)

Harvey - Ill maybe get pics at the weekend once its clean, but its difficult getting on now, not long before Im banned here at work no doubt :roll:

Plus I really wanted to wait until my suspension was on before showing the progress. Possibly a carbon fibre bonnet coming my way too :twisted:

I used some number plate sticky pads with mine and it worked a treat as they are a touch thicker than tape etc.

Back