• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 Alignment

Ok not ***** lie I'm a newbie when it comes to this sort of thing I understand the meanings of the words but should I worry about this or not? The Caster im not too fussed on but the inside edge of my tyres that got pulled off today were almost at the wire and the rest of the tyre was at around 2mm (maybe just under).

The car still handles great. If this needs sorting, where should I get it done? Honda or just go back to the tyre garage?

y81fljx.jpg

Camber isn't adjustable without adding camber bolts on the front or shims on the rear, just the toe.

These are OEM tolerances:

FK2%20Geo%20settings.png

What did the place say that did the measurements? Likelihood is they didn't have the car on the system, as most places still don't, so they won't have known what is in spec. That will be why they've not set the tolerances right on your reading.

I've not heard of any tuners doing a FRSU for them yet, so I don't even know if the Eibach shims from the 8th Gen fit or whether they are still in development and what camber bolts fit the front...

Legend. Thanks for the info that helps so much. So mine are within tolerance just.

So yeh they said what year the car was made from and I said this one specifically was 2015 onwards and it was the FK chassis. They found FK on the system but it said 2006-2012 so I have no idea.

They said it was the first one they had seen and they wouldn't want to mess anyway because yeh they didn't know what specs to work with.

They also said they reckon I wont get much more than 6k miles out of my michelin pilot super sports. I'm hoping for a little more than 8k miles.

The front right is out on the camber by the looks of it, but it could be OK when you're sat in it.

People have been getting 3.5-5k from the Continentals but no-one has done far enough on the Pilot Super Sports yet. Looking at what they are looking like on other cars, I think 10k could be a realistic expectation.

Tyre wear sounds fairly normal. 2mm in the middle and bald on the inner edge is fairly even wear given that how it's set up is more for performance.
If it was say 4mm depth and bald on the inner edge then you'd have an issue.

Bizarrely we share the FK2 model with the 8th gen 1.8 petrol civic, which confuses searches

So in future I guess sticking to the year of production will be the best way.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I've read another owner have issues with a garage finding his vehicle on the system, I'm wondering if they're not being updated due to the whole Fk2 confusion.
When I search I usually use, Fk2 type R, 2015 civic type R or when available my reg, I don't know why Honda couldn't come up with a new one

It's not a new one, that's the point. Same designation and doesn't have to go through the same testing to get type approval.

Back