• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 Black edition

Yes, its at the dealership, already test drove it and inspected it before I put money down on it

Keeping it on display more than likely, check for marks from customers having a sit in.

When i was awaiting my pre-order my dealer tweeted "the type R has landed, come & see it now" a week later I had a call out of the blue saying my car is ready.
Next day I notice marks on the rear door handles, my guess was ring scratches, which led me to believe that the type R they tweeted about was actually mine & was used as their display because they were still awaiting delivery of their demo.
Dealers are crafty feckers & will try it on all the time

Did you kidding off about those ring scratches? Yeah they are crafty, i called them out on the reg date and now they said come Saturday for collection

It was all a blur with my collection, phone call, finish work early, arrive to all staff doing an unveil, sign this sign that & have a nice day. I made the mistake by not going around the car, 1st time I'd seen one & it blew me away, I honestly didn't know what was going on.
I could have queried it but a 45 min drive each way wasn't worth any hassle, it annoyed me but the car made up for it.

I would take your time & have a good sly look around, especially where people would get in & out

I'll have a thorough check, also the car is ex demonstrator and they might try to blame it on the fact it wasn't listed as a new vehicle

Realistically if it wasn't listed as new, you're not paying new prices and you knew it was an ex-demo, a minor mark is to be expected. As to what level of 'mark' is on the car that you'll accept is up to you.

My opinion, it's already driven so a minor stone chip has to be accepted (i'd get them to touch it up) and i guarantee it'll have one. The FK2 bonnet is like a magnet for them.
A dent, or any paint damage/scratch not caused by general driving. Definitely not.

Surprisingly I'm paying nearly full price for my FK2 , £32k on the dot. The car had 19 miles on the clock and was immaculate when i first inspected it a month ago

Wow! Didn't know they were that much! Is the black edition more, I have seen new ones for sale for 27 to 28k.

Surprisingly I'm paying nearly full price for my FK2 , £32k on the dot. The car had 19 miles on the clock and was immaculate when i first inspected it a month ago

At full price i would expect 100% immaculate as new condition and wouldn't accept anything less.
I imagine your minds going crazy think ing about 'what if's'. I'm sure it'll be fine. Be excited. Be very excited. The FK2 'bang-for-buck-0-meter' is off the chain.

I wanted to buy one directly from Honda not privately. I did have a look at a few other cars at different show rooms with 1-2k miles but this one had super low milage and was in perfect condition. Literally not a single flaw. Couldn't even see a stone chip which is why I went for this particular one. The fact it's a black edition just tops it off for me. But even if it was a normal FK2 in this condition with the mileage I would have still probably jumped the gun on it

A standard Type R GT is £32,500.... and worth every penny :cool:

Seen them for 27 ish, but now not sure if it was a GT, unless they all are.
I hope they are worth every penny because I hope to get a good second hand one in 6 years ish. Had a ep3, hopefully getting a FN2 on Friday, after 2 months of searching.

I bought mine nearly new, it was 8 months old and had done 16,000 miles :eek:, this is what made it affordable for my budget. I'd been looking for a high mileage example for over a year but most owners don't drive them much and trade them back after just a year making them too expensive for me.

Other than some stone chips t was perfect, it had been through one service and it still has 4 left under the 555 deal the previous owner had put on it. Car mats, 4 new tyres, a paint protection detail and a full tank. Cost me 24k from Honda.

I hate to think what the previous owner sold it for. O'well, his loss, my gain.

Wow lucky on that price! 24k in good nick with 4 years servicing, bargain to be honest. Probably running costs put him off, it is a expensive car to care for if you want to keep it looking show room fresh

So finally got it today! Here are a few pictures:

14nfsy0.jpg

23mn6fk.jpg

205b8ro.jpg

2133v9f.jpg

zoi45u.jpg

Also a question for all you type r veterans out there, how do I enable automatic folding mirrors when I lock the car? I can press the button inside to fold them before I leave the car and the mirrors open when I start the engine but I want them to close auto as well

Back