• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 Tyres

These arrived today.

6572298a3773dba963b051cd0a0233d0.jpg

I've two more on the way.

I think you'll pleased. They were really good on the M135i except when the temperature dropped below about 7 degrees and that was mainly an issue for getting power down through the rear wheels rather than a steering issue.

I think you'll pleased. They were really good on the M135i except when the temperature dropped below about 7 degrees and that was mainly an issue for getting power down through the rear wheels rather than a steering issue.

About the temperature most summer tyre compounds stop working properly.

Yep, I've got a set of winters to use when it gets colder.

IMAG3694_1.jpg

FB_IMG_1451564225301.jpg

Liking the input on this thread.

I'm stuck between staying with the Conti's, going GF1A3 or MPSS.

Definitely going with 245/35/R19 though.

My car will not be tracked this year and is used daily. I currently do not have winter tyres for the car. So I'm thinking I'd need to buy 4 new tyres now and possibly 4 more in November :(
I might try and ekk out the tyres (3mm - 6500miles) till the winter.

I've not put pics of the 245s in here I've realised.

Continentals, OEM size:

IMAG0052.jpg

Pilot Super Sports in 245/35R19:

IMAG0053.jpg

Worn out after 6k more than likely.

Don't get me wrong I did like the Continentals, but they just wore too quickly.

I'll be keen to know how you get on with the PSS. Michelin say they're good for 20% more mileage than 'other' premium tyres. They're also exactly 20% more expensive than the Conti SC6's on Blackcircles.

michinen cup 2, 235 35 19

So got the 235 Cup 2's fitted and... wow love them already, the grip is insane, even off the forecourt, they are just as responsive as the contis but i think they have given the car a bit more body roll in +R mode. i havent given them a too hard thrash but there is also the same if not less torque steer now too.

pics up for how they sit, the tyres have so much written on them though :asw:

y3mR9o5sXxVTvnB0PqZVovISiK9c9hVc_4odeDMVPf2DFdVVHjbe0f7K2pKqrOCQU7nuJ-A92IHfdvcwg4zU5xwRZh2KQixlFjnza18tC6La1l_cYjlCiFA-NPusf1bWotxDfMnvgJFjOI_h9t8hCTUbEzwADmHfwg0KiY9cWtWRHw
y3ml8wzFmYeIuOhaiJRt_essTpOBXE49dlvmApx--YBNB8y01s-fZb_b60V_VxDcs9vrDRAWAdSbtNMyu1Np0PciY-cZBjQO6cnTqKb-vb2M1jg_HVtw9oHQX0gl2SCUFvShDdwqBVSDK-t1DozUi3W7H-drmfeLrYg6BlaZbocBno

Speaking to my mate, he told me his M4 came standard with MPSS.
He's now covered 14,000 miles from new and is running about 500+bhp.
He said they're the best tyre he's ever used and is extremely good in the wet too.

Also, after reading reviews, the same conclusion always comes up... the CS6's are holding the car back.

That's it, I'm sold. MPSS when the time comes

Loxy, how are you getting on with your MPSS?

Last edited by a moderator:
They're on the rears only but they've not caused any issues.

I'm getting one of the rear light units replaced under warranty as it has been misting up, so I'm going to get the other two Michelins put on then too.

iv heard the wear is odd with the cups as they have different compounds in them. so im not expecting them to last forever but it will be a fun summer.

Hey guys haven't been on for a while. Update on the Pilot SS on the fronts. 5000 miles in and still strong with about 5mm left.

Back