• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 Tyres

Thanks it makes sense now. I wonder why Honda decided to go with the stretched 235 instead of a tyre that fits better like a 245?

I have almost new tyres on the back and the fronts are down to about 2mm. I was thinking about swapping the backs to the front to get some more miles and then changing all 4 at the same time.

2mm is a bit close to be honest. Swapping them now will mean you go over the limit on them before the fronts wear out and at 2mm their grip level will be low, particularly in the wet.

Why the most tread on the rear? The fronts are worked the hardest.

As the rears are so good am I better off replacing the fronts only until they wear evenly then replace all 4?

2mm is a bit close to be honest. Swapping them now will mean you go over the limit on them before the fronts wear out and at 2mm their grip level will be low, particularly in the wet.

I am finding grip very low on the fronts now hence the want to change them.

Because understeer is easier to control than oversteer. You need the most grip at the rear.

[video=youtube;BaXXrKFJctU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaXXrKFJctU[/video]

Old video but the same principle applies.

Much debate on where to put new tyres.
Vehicle drive type needs to take account into this decision. On a FWD vehicle, where the front tyres have to deal with 3 types of forces (acceleration, braking and steering) I'd advise putting new on the front. The rears don't do a great deal in comparison and the front tyres will also clear the path of standing water for the rear tyres.
RWD however it maybe wise to have the new on the rear. As stated, understeer is generally easier to deal with than oversteer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but I think I'll listen to the advise of one of the worlds largest tyre manufacturers.

By always putting the newer tyres on the rear you are always going wear out the front tyres before the rears. I wanted to move from the factory Conti's to Pilot 4S's. This will mean i'll have to change all 4 at the same time which sucks.

I am not debating that at all. I just think it's such a waste of rubber if you want to change the Tyre's from one brand to another. I don't like running odd brands.

Decision time. I want to change to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. I currently have 2 nearly dead factory Conti SP6 on the front and 2 very good Conti SP6 on the back.

If I move the good Conti SP6's to the front and replace the rears, do you think replacing them with Michelin PS4S's would be a problem?

The other question is a number of you have mentioned going to 245/35 instead of 235/35. Would going to 245 on the rear and sticking with 235 on the front mess things up? It would only be a temporary thing until the Conti's wear out on the front. I will then buy a further 2 MPS4S's.

I am trying to migrate to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres without having to buy 4 and throw away a perfectly good pair of Conti SP6's.

Personally I would stick to OEM size tyres unless you want to do serious track work and want wider tyres at the front.

I would put the PS4S on the rear, then when the fronts are shot, put another two PS4S on the rear and migrate the existing ones to the front.

Personally I would stick to OEM size tyres unless you want to do serious track work and want wider tyres at the front.

I would put the PS4S on the rear, then when the fronts are shot, put another two PS4S on the rear and migrate the existing ones to the front.

Ok thanks. I'll order a set of MPS4S in 235/35. Thanks for all the advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I think people go for 245 on the FK2 to get rid of the stretched look, but I don't know how much of that is due to the Continental tyre itself.

Although I think people go for 245 on the FK2 to get rid of the stretched look, but I don't know how much of that is due to the Continental tyre itself.

The MPSS 235/35/19 made them look normal. I now have 235/35/19 Pilot sport 3s and they look stretched again so it seems a bit random.

Back