• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 Modifications

Hi all,

Has anyone considered what first mods might be on FK8? I'm currently considering the Superchips chip once the run in period is done - anyone also considering?

Also the Magnaflow exhaust sounds quite decent - though never heard anything good about the quality of magnaflow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ePfcu_7Sw

Last edited by a moderator:
I think tacking both out might be a bit much for me. I'll try the one if I don't like it it's so easy to have it put back .

I'd be tempted to find a different backbox (mainly to get rid of the 3 pipes). Would love to replace it with a single one shaped to match the diffuser lines but tbh I wouldn't want much more noise so might have to talk myself out of that one.

Exhaust mods

I'd be tempted to find a different backbox (mainly to get rid of the 3 pipes). Would love to replace it with a single one shaped to match the diffuser lines but tbh I wouldn't want much more noise so might have to talk myself out of that one.

Exhaust is one piece from the cat back gentlemen.

Very well easy to cut and weld and very cheap. My last car was £40 to remove and weld.

Presume the FK8 is stainless? I could never find decent quality stainless when I cut the silencer out of the megane's exhaust - where do you source yours from?

How many silencers are there in the system?

There is no bass in the speakers going to have a couple of under seat subs put in just to help with the sound

Wow you don't mess about! What gauge steel did you use to replace? Is the sound deeper? Or releases some of the top end sound?

In terms of the speakers - that s shame I had heard some good things on the US forums so was hoping we might have a decent OEM set up! What is the treble / mid / overall sound like?

No idea of the gauge sorry. between 2k and 4 the sound is much better but as yet havent given it full beans. Treble and mid are quit good. Im taking it a professional garage later to see if up rating the door speakers would be better than under seat sub. Ill post later after i have been.

What are people's view on the second back spoiler you can buy. I did see one on the dream car and I liked it. My kids want me to get it. Not sure, help needed

21294633_257940881392404_4099358392097701888_n.jpg

Official ones are only body coloured, for the amount one costs (~£400) might be worth seeing if a CF one comes out

What gets me with that spoiler is Honda claim the fk8 was designed with a purpose, everything was designed to work together to aid airflow, the vortex is there to direct flow YET they have an optional extra over the vortex for what purpose?.
Surely if the car has been designed for airflow it wouldn't need the extra spoiler.

We heard the same ol pish with the FK2

What gets me with that spoiler is Honda claim the fk8 was designed with a purpose, everything was designed to work together to aid airflow, the vortex is there to direct flow YET they have an optional extra over the vortex for what purpose?.
Surely if the car has been designed for airflow it wouldn't need the extra spoiler.

We heard the same ol pish with the FK2

I second this :greatpost:

Back