• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 winter wheels

Hi,

I will (hopefully) receive my FK8 on the first week of January, and I'm trying to figure out a good winter wheel setup for the car.

We all know that the OEM wheels are 20x8.5J ET60 5x120 with 245/30R20 tyres, and I definitely don't want to pay +£400 per tyre for the Pirelli winters, also, I am a bit worried about potholes/kerbs with that 70 mm sidewall. See example:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/tire-question-thinking-ahead.14292/#post-265737

The Civicx forums has a lot of chatter and a US website (Tirerack) has options in 18" and 19" for the car. My problem is that EU/UK retailers still don't have the car on their systems (some don't have the FK2 either!), so it is being complicated to find suitable wheels. From what I've gathered people have managed get ET45 wheels w/o any rubbing issues and "torque steer feels unchanged".

I am currently in contact with Wheelbasealloys and I was told that they would check fitment on some wheels for the car.

Tyre is not a problem, 245/35R19 is exactly the same circumference and 245/40R18 is only 0.4% smaller, and there are plenty of options available (I will be getting Nokian WR A4s)

So, new FK8 owners, do you have any more information on getting smaller wheels for your winter setup?

I had 18x8J Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 ET45 on my FK2. Excellent fitment IMHO.

Demon Tweeks sold them, correct 5x120 pcd and they can also now do them with the correct 64.1 centre bore.

Demon Tweeks sold them, correct 5x120 pcd and they can also now do them with the correct 64.1 centre bore.

Loxy any difference worth mentioning by using the ET45 against the standard ET

Thanks

So FK2 and FK8 front discs/calipers are the same size?

Last edited by a moderator:
Loxy any difference worth mentioning by using the ET45 against the standard ET

Thanks
The wheels aren't so lost in the arches, as they have a tiny bit more poke. The Team Dynamics were also much lighter and the ride was better as the tyres had a larger sidewall to keep the same rolling radius.
So FK2 and FK8 front discs/calipers are the same size?
FK2 and FK8 wheels are the same width and offset, only the diameter is different. Having not measured them I can't say for certain that they are the same size but according to the press release they are both 350mm disks so logic dictates...

Back