• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

flip key for ep3

anyone done a conversion and combined the alarm fob and key into one key?

links to parts used and a guide would be brilliant.

can it even be done?

I'm finding the same really.
Just want to reduce the amount of stuff I have to carry around in my pockets

I did this. Used a Honda Jazz remote, and had my local locksmith cut a blank. Took the immobiliser chip from my spare key, and hey presto.
13F7F261-C9C6-4552-8032-3978D264E05D-503-000000625B0B5908.jpg

Yeah. It's easy. I got an OMRON remote from eBay for about £20. Still had an old key. Also bought a blank key case from eBay, although most reputable locksmiths will have blanks.

Hardest part was cutting the spare key open and removing the immobiliser chip. Have to take real care.
Most high end locksmiths are able to make a key with immobiliser. Don't know what the cost is.

Lol its really really easy. 5 min job! My stock fob used to fall apart when i threw it onto the table. Theres just a little indent for a flat head screw driver to prise it open.

The only bit I can see being a problem is finding a local locksmith setup to cut the key.

Or are they generally receptive enough to do it?

Lol its really really easy. 5 min job! My stock fob used to fall apart when i threw it onto the table. Theres just a little indent for a flat head screw driver to prise it open.

That sounds easier than I thought. I didn't realise the fob was designed to seperate. I had visions of needing to hack it up with a saw!!

How are you finding the flip key? Not falling apart or the spring going?

Back