• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Fn2 roof rust - warranty or Just sort it independently

this has been covered loads but its not about the rust but how to successfully claim.

I have a small amount of rust on the common seal issue on the roof. no door or boot rust issues at all. it is minor but want it sorted before the winter ideally.

I've read all about it, the seal being to hard or sharp and it cuts into the paint causing the issue. But this is where I'm unsure where i stand

• Read it should be covered by a 12 year corrosion warranty ?
  • it should have a full Honda history even though loads of cars have one service and the rest independent or else where and still claimed
  • Honda told me it was 3 year warranty extended by 3 years so 6 altogether ?

Do i push it back on Honda or have people stopped claiming and got it done independently, If so how much

If i do recall honda whats the best plan of attack. Involve trading standards and so on.

Any advice would be appreciated. its a 57 reg but comes up 2008 on some sites

Thank you

The standard warranty is 3 years on all mechanical components I believe, apart from those subject to normal wear and tear/replacement
Anti corrosion/perforation warranty is 6 years - take this as the visible, aesthetic parts of the car - body panels.
Structural Corrosion is 12 year warranty - structural members that you can't see

Where does the roof corrosion fit?
I'd probably say the 6 years as its body panels, but some would also say the roof is a structural member would they not?

this is where I'm unsure. seems to depend more on the dealer than the years. as one thread from 2014 people were still getting accepted even 2016. so if one accepts they all should.

It seems to be quite hit and miss when it comes to Honda honouring the warranty work for this.

We got our roof done last year under warranty and it's also a 57 plate.

It's certainly worth asking your local dealer to submit a claim.

I had it on my FD2 which I had sorted recently at Tgm. It's to do with the seal on the windscreen/roof, I believe if you pursue it , they will get it done through "goodwill". I would be pursuing it if I had a uk supplied honda.

Thank you all , I'm going to print off some evidence off the net. Also contact other Hondas That have agreed to do it and take That down with me and say if these can do it so can you.

I'm currently in talks with Honda uk who have provided a case number and are happy for me to Persue this with my local Honda body shop Shrewsbury

My local Honda dealer said its under warranty as its within the 12 year warranty they provide. They sorted it all out within a couple of weeks.

My local said they can't over ride Honda Uk so if they accept it then they will do it. So I'm hoping to be able to sort it. Got to book appointment with Body shop to view it this Thursday/Friday

If they refuse it I would visit a body shop & get it done a lot cheaper, buy the new rubber seal from hendy performance on here

just out of interest how did you get on? I've got a 2008 and I've just noticed mines starting to go, theres a split in the paint but the rust doesn't seen to be bubbling up yet. who/how did you get in touch with at honda?

Contact Honda Uk if no joy through your local dealer. I had to contact Honda Uk and they gave me a case number. Rang my local Body shop and had an appointment and from there I'm booked in on the 5th of Sep to have it repaired under warranty.

Well I got in touch with Honda uk and they sent me a case number and told me to ring my local branch and book in for an inspection, so I did that feeling hopeful. 2 hours later they ring me saying they've done some digging and it's only covered under the six year warranty so won't do it.

I went through local dealer, was sent straight to Honda UK, they have said they will cover the materials and most of the labour, i would have to pay for 2 hours, i am still arguing the case with them, i want mine sorting soon also.

I bought the car weeks our of the 6 year warrenty, i new the previous owner who also new it was starting to go which is the worst part.

I am going to phone them one dinner time this week to try and get this sorted.

Regards

Andrew

it seems some dealers seems to pursue it better than others. I had no problems once i spoke to Honda Uk. Is there another branch local you could try even if its a little drive away.

Mine was done out of the 6 years by durham honda.
Full honda history.
I didn't even take the car in. Just emailed photos and they did the rest.
Super garage

Back