• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Sub help

Hi guys, can you point me in the right direction. Im trying to find the how to guide on fitting a sub to an FN2 and seem to be getting nowhere. I've been looking for ages! :mad:

Hi guys, can you point me in the right direction. Im trying to find the how to guide on fitting a sub to an FN2 and seem to be getting nowhere. I've been looking for ages! :mad:

It will be the same as fitting any sub to a car.

You need a positive feed from the battery, A negative/earth feed from a metal point on your car and a feed from the head unit. Then it's a case of feeding the wires under the carpet and to the boot. Taking the seat out might help with this.

To get the positive feed through the engine bay, there will probably be a rubber grommet somewhere feeding other wires through. Use that for access.

Thanks Jermal but it was the dashboard and center disassembly I wanted to see. I hear its a right pain in the dash!

Thanks Jermal but it was the dashboard and center disassembly I wanted to see. I hear its a right pain in the dash!

Ah ok. Yeah Honda have done a good job making it as hard as possible removing the centre console on the FN2. Saying that, most modern cars are going this way now.

I was told that all of the cars electronics are hooked up to the stereo so if you want a new head unit then the old stereo will have to powered still, most people hide it away in the boot.

Yes true but as the stereo is not the best looking he may wish to change it for a new head unit when the subs and amps arrive.

Yes true but as the stereo is not the best looking he may wish to change it for a new head unit when the subs and amps arrive.

I wouldn't call it 'not the best looking' as it's just buttons on the dash....

Cheers for that, thats what I was looking for.

I dont have any intention to change the standard HU at the moment. I'll just be running the sub on line level, that is assuming I don't find pre outs when I rip my dash to bits:(.

Thanks again :D

Cheers mate.

All was going well but now I've come to a stand still trying to get through the bulkhead :confused:

I dont think I can run the power lead in with the exsisting cables because its right in the middle behind the engine making it hard to access.

Any tips would be apriciated :rolleyes:

The only other thing you can do is drill through the bulk head itself and buy a grommet to fit it keeping water out and rust away. I was also recomend if you go down this route to put some touch up paint or something similar around the hole you have created to re seal it, again preventing the area from rusting.

Hmm I know thats an option but I'd rather not go drilling my car for now. Just trying what you have suggested before and going through the exsisting grommet at the moment *hands covered in blood*.

This would be alot easier with 8 gauge power cable! lol

theres is a rubber gromit that you can poke through, located on the off side of the engine bay that'll run through in to the drivers foot well above the pedals. good luck with the install

Yeah thats the one I used in the end. Bit of a pain to get through it but its all done now. Only problem I had after that really was that I couldn't find a pin on the back of the stereo for the remote wire which is a bit of a pain. Never mind.:D

easily sorted, if your worried about getting a flat battery (unlikely), piggy back the remote wire onto the cig light, that'll mean your amp is powered only when your key is in postion 2

Back