• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Ticking engine

When my FN2 is cold it runs sweet as a nut when its cold but after a few miles once its got warm there is a ticking noise in the background on tick over.
Has anyone experienced this, if so it would great if you could shed a bit a light on it.
Thanks...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes mate, they were done 2 weekends ago at Honda. Its only started over the past week really

They were probably slack before so quieter.

The engines are quite ticky anyway. The injectors do a good job at adding to the ticking noise.

Just a bit concerned thats all as i'd not heard it before and if there was something wrong, i wanted to get it sorted sooner rather than later

I'd say it's just since the valve clearance have been done. Is it running OK? Do a quick compression test. I used to do one on my DC5 when I was changing plugs.

yea mines quite ticky but also i get an extra tickaty sound from the left side of the engine . its not all the time , it come on then goes . Is this the injectors ?? cheers

Left as you are looking at it, i.e. driver's side?

No, injectors are across the width of the engine over each runner of the inlet manifold.

You have the aux belt, water pump, alternator, crank pulley and aux belt tensioner pulley on that side so could be a bearing ticking.

The cam chain, tensioner and cam gears are on that side, bit they aren't known to tick.

After looking at the video posted in this thread , Id say it was the pcv valve intermittently making the noise . Ill do the test today . cheers

Fair play, it is there sat above the alternator. I always thought it was on the other side almost above the gearbox.

Back