• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Type R Questions

Can anyone help please, went to view a FN2 GT over the weekend (07), now I know as standard they do not supply a Ipod connection cable,
so my question is where is the best place to buy one, how easy are they to fit and do they charge the Ipod whislt playing??

On my Ep3 I currently have a Alpine headunit with a Ipod cable routed into the glove box which does charge when playing, can this one be used on the FN2's headunit??

Thanks.

Recently answered something like this here.

You need a specific cable for the FN2 head unit I'm afraid.

hey guys i was wondering ..... in front of my gearstick i have a "R" build number... i was wondering if it was the number of civic type r's in total or just the fn2's as mine is 57 plate and number 08307...many thanks :)

:lol::lol: deffo started again then :lol::lol: yea that's real close... is that build number just for the uk??

I don't know to be honest.

All the FN2s for foreign markets get built in Swindon with the UK mods though.

Not sure if this has been answered elsewhere, can't find an answer though so here goes.
One of my mates has a VW and recently had little software "tweeks" carried out. Some as follows, when he locks his doors, he gets a small bleep, his front fog light comes on when turning, depending on the direction, if he leaves his windows down and it starts to rain, they close..........and some others.....anyway, does anyone know if similar options are available on a Civic GT reg in 2011?

There is a module you can buy on one of the other forums, that folds the power folding mirrors in when you lock the car. Needs jointing into the wiring loom.

That's pretty much all I've heard of.

Spoke with Hona on their live chat, waste of 10 minutes that..... They said to speak to the dealership so I will do when it is in at the weekend for a recall on a wiring loom. Thanks for the reply

This light turn on when ı driving its about hand brake or brake problem Does anyone know this problem

15012012724.jpg

Tyre pressure warning light.

If you've topped the pressures up recently you might need to reset the system. Tells you how to in the manual. Pretty sure it is just through the menus.

If you haven't, you might be losing pressure in one of the tyres.

If they are all OK, just reset the system anyway.

Tyre pressure warning light.

If you've topped the pressures up recently you might need to reset the system. Tells you how to in the manual. Pretty sure it is just through the menus.

If you haven't, you might be losing pressure in one of the tyres.

If they are all OK, just reset the system anyway.
Thank you my friend ı think that but ı cant find anything about tyre in my book ı change my trie michelin alpin pa3 I drive about 10 km than the light turn on. How can I reset the system I cant find

Thank you my friend ı think that but ı cant find anything about tyre in my book ı change my trie michelin alpin pa3 I drive about 10 km than the light turn on. How can I reset the system I cant find

You need to use the computer controls on the steering wheel. Hold down the trip computer advance button until you get the menu on the trip system on the rev counter and scroll through until the tyre pressure settings come up. Then use the trip computer reset and advance buttons to reset the tyre pressure warning system.

Once reset it will monitor the wheel speeds over a few miles then it should be OK. It actually detects a punchure using the ABS sensors and watching for differences between the wheel rotational rates for a few miles.

Double Din Part Number

Servicing isn't too bad, big ones are at 25k, 50k, 75k etc when the valve clearances need checking. It is extra labour only, but comes to around £400 at an expensive main dealer. Cheaper ones are around £340-360. No timing belt to change as it is a chain on the K20.

Standard stereo can be replaced. You need a double din fascia and a some adaptor cables. A company that is known for this on the 8th gen Civic is ImpulseCar. This is a LH drive car but you get the idea.

CIMG2827.jpg

Dear Loxy

Is that fitted on your vehicle? I have got a LHD 2010 Honda Civic Type-R (FN2). I'm looking for the part number for the Double Din to install an aftermarket audio system. Would be able to tell me the exact part number for the Double Din and is this a Genuine Honda Part?

Thanks & regards
Ecronic

Dear Loxy

Is that fitted on your vehicle? I have got a LHD 2010 Honda Civic Type-R (FN2). I'm looking for the part number for the Double Din to install an aftermarket audio system. Would be able to tell me the exact part number for the Double Din and is this a Genuine Honda Part?

Thanks & regards
Ecronic

Hi, no I didn't get round to fitting one on my Civic.

LHD kits can be found here: http://www.hondabitz.com/replica_fascia_kits/c2_civic_full_kit_lhd

and here: http://www.hondabitz.com/genuine_fascia_kits/civic_full_kit_lhd

You'll need the correct patch lead for the new headunit for the steering wheel controls to work.

They aren't Honda Genuine parts as such no, the first one is made by Connects2 and the second is a Genuine Fascia but with aftermarket loom and cage from Impulse Audio.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

What about this? As a Double Din Fascia isn't this the Genuine Honda one?!?

Honda Part No: 77251SMGG10ZA - For LHD

The reason I'm enquiring is if I place the order for this part from Honda here, I will be paying £95.00 and then all I need is the patch lead from Impulse. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Thanks

I can't find a picture for it so can't tell you if it's the OEM one or just the normal fascia from behind the headunit.

Description just reads: PANEL ASSY., AUDIO *NH167
£120.56

If it is the right part you'd need the loom adaptor with control box and patch lead from impulse, otherwise you lose the heater and AC controls and clock.

Back