• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 04 Cosmic CTR

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
I've been on here for a bit now and not got round to putting any real pictures up of my Cosmic.

Anyhow barring any mis-haps, I've got the evening to myself so I'll be giving it a wash and polish this evening and taking some pics. :eek:

Watch this space!!

(Well not literally that would be a bit boring, but the bit underneath might interest a few people.)

A bit of elbow grease later and you can see your face in it!

Dsc02165.jpg

Had a rough route in my head for a bit of a drive and about 10 minutes after leaving my house found a place where I thought would make a nice back drop and got a few pics... Until I realised I was parked next to a pikey camp site so swiftly jumped in the car and pressed on:

Dsc02170.jpg

Dsc02169.jpg

Dsc02167.jpg

Went for a drive up Belmont, not far from where I live. Roads aren't as good as the ones Funky took us over on the Lakes meet http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=58247 but aren't so bad when you want a blast! :twisted:

Found a lay-by and pulled in for some pics.

Dsc02171.jpg

Dsc02172.jpg

Dsc02174.jpg

Dsc02177.jpg

Dsc02178.jpg

A couple of miles further on found a car park with stupidly big pot holes. Only realised when I stopped, but took more pics of the car.

Dsc02180.jpg

Dsc02181.jpg

Dsc02182.jpg

Dsc02183.jpg

Finally twisty bits over and done with and on the sensible road home so stopped and took some more pics.

Dsc02184.jpg

Dsc02185.jpg

Dsc02186.jpg

Dsc02188.jpg

Dsc02189.jpg

Dsc02190.jpg

Oh an if it was you in the Alabaster FN2 that didn't wave back on the A675 "shame on you" (in an Al Murray stylee). I was taking photos and had plenty of time to look and clock that you were there and give a bit of courtesy!! :rolleyes:

Finally, the ETD and a pic of the bay...

Dsc02191.jpg

Dsc02192.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice :)

Any more plans?

Cheers.

I'm not sure really. The wife wants me to get an FN2 after seeing Neily03 and Skeleton Ops's cars, so any money could do with going towards paying off the finance behind the EP3.

Dsc02154.jpg

I nearly bought a Gruppe M today from xposed as the prices have come down but I resisted the temptation!

If I am going to do anything I think it'll be in this order:

FRSU with associated camber arms/adjusters at next service at TDI-North
Gruppe M
KPRO
Premier Seats
Maybe brakes, but I've put a new set of standarddiscs and pads on the front less than 4K ago. Never crossed my mind to go for something better! :rolleyes:

So if you add all that up, it's a fair wedge towards a newer car!

Have you driven the FN2 yet?

Mmm, no. My wife's got an FK2 EX so I know what the layout feels like.

Neily03 reckons his FN2 is pretty similar to his old EP3.

Funny thing being married, if I mod my car, I pay for it. If I get an FN2 me and the wife will both pay for it... so will have to see if I've got the EP3 loan paid off before I start spending on it. It's all very political and confusing. :smt119

looks great. you also look like a big mother f**ker from your reflection pic so i will not have any online arguments with yourself.

looks great. you also look like a big mother f**ker from your reflection pic so i will not have any online arguments with yourself.

Oh an if it was you in the Alabaster FN2 that didn't wave back on the A675 "shame on you" (in an Al Murray stylee). I was taking photos and had plenty of time to look and clock that you were there and give a bit of courtesy!! :rolleyes:

He was probably scared of you John! :D

Nice work mate, good looking car.:cool:

Camera could be better though ;)

Pics were taken on my phone which was playing up. It's a Sony Ericsson K850 with the touch sensitive buttons at the bottom of the screen. I think the bright light and it's age were contributing factors in it just randomly firing off shots and going into random menus. :rolleyes:

lol The bonnet does curve a bit! But I was thinking of losing some weight to improve the 0-60s! :D I'm only 5ft 6!

Pics were taken on my phone which was playing up. It's a Sony Ericsson K850 with the touch sensitive buttons at the bottom of the screen. I think the bright light and it's age were contributing factors in it just randomly firing off shots and going into random menus. :rolleyes:

Aye, camera phones are generally ***** at the best of times.

Still a very nice example though, just a shame about the colour :p ;)

Still a very nice example though, just a shame about the colour :p ;)

It wasn't my first choice of colour when I started looking, I was going to get one in NHB.

The first CTR I saw was black but it showed up every little scratch on the car, so it looked rough at first glance. I then struggled to find a minter in black and I couldn't find a SS one for toffee and the wife's old car was a milano EV1, so cosmic it was!!

It wasn't my first choice of colour when I started looking, I was going to get one in NHB.

The first CTR I saw was black but it showed up every little scratch on the car, so it looked rough at first glance. I then struggled to find a minter in black and I couldn't find a SS one for toffee and the wife's old car was a milano EV1, so cosmic it was!!

I guess I was lucky as the first and only one I looked at was NHB and in excellent nick. I always wanted a black car and comprimised on my previous car (Toyota MR2) where I ended up with my second choice colour of white.

You are right about the black showing up every little mark, but on the other hand when it's good it looks very very good.

Cosmic was my second-choice colour for the CTR, I'd have been happy with either TBH but I was lucky that the one I found was exactly what I was looking for. :smt023

Back