• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 Type R - Silver or Black

Hi All,

After deciding after just a day from my 1st previous thread, I have looked at a few FN2 Type R's in the meantime but not sure what colour to go for. I've realised the black ones are somewhat cheaper than the the silver ones for some reason. To my understanding, the reason why a black one is putting me off is because, its hard to keep clean, gets dirty quickly via dust/mud, will be able to see scratches and swirl marks when its clean, plus you really cant see the real aesthetics, lines and shape of the car when it is in black.

However a silver one is easier to clean and doesn't get dirtier as quickly, gleams in the dark when its washed and you can just see the appearance and curves of the car better.

My question is which do you guys prefer and your thoughts on this?

Not in a rush to be honest, but just want to make sure I get the right one as i'm hoping to keep it for at least over 3 years.

Thanks.

I have silver and i must say when it is clean it does look nice, summer prep will also be due soon so will receive the works, a few weeks after this is when it is looking the nicest.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Andrew

To be honest I think you answered your own question in the post.
I would go black but that's my preference.

Just go with what feels right

9b27b66d2fc618682fbeaf61caa5ad6b.jpg

Does this help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I couldnt decide between silver and black when i was looking but went for silver in the end and haven't regretted it once. It always looks clean and shows off the car better. Would defo go silver

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Fairly_46, that looks mint! Absolutely beautiful!
FN2TOM, i am considering the silver colur more than the black lol.

Especially with the GP kit. Seen one recently and was a ready to purchase it the next day, but after doing a hpi check it had 8 owners and was a cat d. Of course the seller didn't tell me this and said he did not know lol.:-k

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairly_46, that looks mint! Absolutely beautiful!
FN2TOM, i am considering the silver colur more than the black lol.

Thanks bud, this was just after the winter prep so was looking good.

I just need the roof problem fixing still, still in a battly with Honda.

Regards

Andrew

Just speaking personally, but I think the black goes better with the red honda badge and interior.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

i got a good deal on mine, paid £6250 on a 58 plate, 58 thou on the clock, got it off my fathers friend as he was only going to part x it.

Hi was in his 40's and never really drive it hard, so was perfect really.

Regards

Andrew

Back