• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 fn2

depends on which track they are on

The astra will put some distance on the straights but may struggle on the corners. I guess it all depends on how much of a lead it generates early on.

We talking VXR one?

I don't think the standard 2.0T would win, 0-60 in 7.8 ish and top speed of 135 ish.
I don't think the corners would be ideal either.

Even the 200bhp version is 0-60 in 7.5 ish.

Bit scared last night how quickly a Seat Ibiza Cupra was coming at me last night however.

We talking VXR one?

I don't think the standard 2.0T would win, 0-60 in 7.8 ish and top speed of 135 ish.
I don't think the corners would be ideal either.

Even the 200bhp version is 0-60 in 7.5 ish.

Bit scared last night how quickly a Seat Ibiza Cupra was coming at me last night however.
I dont think a standard fn2 would stand a chance against a vxr if thats the car he,s talking about,they dont hang about my supercharged civic doesnt get much in front of one of them.

yes but to be honest 2 very different cars aimed at different markets, the vxr has 40bhp more thats a 20% increase in a car about the same weight that is aimed at the hot hatch market oh and they torque steer very bad now the fn2 is a more relaxed in the power stakes while keeping the hot hatch look and hold there money better, on what car valuations a 10k 07 vxr only worth £9500 private thats a 50% loss in a year but the fn2 not listed yet but a 10k 07 type s 3dr gt £13500 private so thats a £2700 loss in a year just goes to show how much it costs to own a hot hatch with understeer

Last edited by a moderator:
yes but to be honest 2 very different cars aimed at different markets, the vxr has 40bhp more thats a 20% increase in a car about the same weight that is aimed at the hot hatch market oh and they torque steer very bad now the fn2 is a more relaxed in the power stakes while keeping the hot hatch look and hold there money better, on what car valuations a 10k 07 vxr only worth £9500 private thats a 50% loss in a year but the fn2 not listed yet but a 10k 07 type s 3dr gt £13500 private so thats a £2700 loss in a year just goes to show how much it costs to own a hot hatch with understeer
Where you seen a vxr for that sort of money pal?

What car website free valuations on what your car is worth, just type in what car on google

What Car?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Parkers?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both a crock of sh1te when it comes to valuing cars fella. Glasses or CAP are the guides that the motor trade uses.

The VXR does lose a fair bit more than the FN2 but not anywhere near as much as that.

Every other car on the road would be a VXR if they were £9500!!:eek:

Id prob have one too.......well not really:rolleyes: .

VXR is a fast car, but like all VXR's their torque happy, Vauxhall could but a million BHP in it, but if it cant get the power on the ground there is just no point.

What Car?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Parkers?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both a crock of sh1te when it comes to valuing cars fella. Glasses or CAP are the guides that the motor trade uses.

True, thats cos Glasses and CAP sell the info to Parkers and similar companies when its 6 months old to make some money lol

I read a long term test review of the VXR can not for the life of me remember where, think it was pistonheads, they tried various times but could not get lower than 0-62 of 6.7 secs due to the wheels spinning.

besides i hate the look of the interior, just looks like another astra!

Back