• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Folding wing Mirrors on GT FN2

Finally picked up my Milano Red FN2 yesterday and couldn't be happier with it. The car is getting the full treatment this weekend, I am planning on claying it, polish, wax to get her looking sparkly. Basically aim is the family can eat their Sunday lunch off of it come end of play Sunday! :lol:

One of the things i have read about being an issue on them is the folding wing mirrors on the GT packing up. My mirrors fold when i press the button on the drivers door but not when i lock the car. Is this correct or should they fold automatically when I get out and lock the car? If so any idea why they wouldn't be folding automatically as they are both folding with the button and neither are at all slow?

Thanks in advance!

Perfect, thanks for the info, seem to be working perfectly in that case.

Seems a bit odd to bother installing folding wing mirrors but not have them trigger when you lock the vehicle IMO!

I have a 59 plate and the door mirrors fold when I lock the doors.

100% without doubt, if you take the drive's side door card off, you will find one of the modules from the link above. No FN2s mirrors fold with the door locks from the factory.

That guy is tried and tested and the boxes don't blow fuses, that I know of, so I wouldn't really want to recommend anyone else.

I'm sure you'll find something like it on eBay though.

Back