• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fools Daily: Mk2 1.8 MX-5

Roughly how much are the rims protruding from the arches? Really starting to take shape. Amazing what a difference rims and a drop make.

Roughly how much are the rims protruding from the arches? Really starting to take shape. Amazing what a difference rims and a drop make.

Roughly 2cm.

I'm looking at arch extensions as I intend to use wider rubber, 225's for track work. If the rolling/flaring becomes a PITA I'll just cut and bolt. ;)

Plan is to tighten everything up, polybush/powdercoat suspension arms and change out anything overly rusty. Swap out the rear diff for a Torsen. Fit and collect the Rollbar/Harnessbar and order some buckets.

Excellent. You're quite hands on for someone who works in insurance (or banking), fair play.

Excellent. You're quite hands on for someone who works in insurance (or banking), fair play.
Quite a 'worldly' 27 year old.

Tried my hand at literally everything.

Besides, cars are only giant mechano.

Can't wait to get my hands on a welder and crack on with other sh1t.

Plan is to go boost over winter, if funds allow, using the T3/T4 turbo from the civic, Defi gauges, intercooler, RC750cc injectors, Hondata Boost Solonoid.

Still need to source engine management and get Paul @TDI North to tune.. :lol:

AEM or Megasquirt3 looking likely.

Will be popping over to get a base power graph sorted when I take it to get a FRSU sorted.

Then fit the AEM intake, another power run.

Source a custom exhaust, another power run.

BOOOOOOOOOST. Power run.

Little bit of clearance issues at the moment, :lol:

a13d3d52.jpg

f139ec64.jpg

e8d71986.jpg

Good work, don't brother with the rolling though, just cut them and rivet on arch extensions. :cool:

Good work, don't brother with the rolling though, just cut them and rivet on arch extensions. :cool:

:lol:

Still not convinced on the look. Expect that rolling and flaring will give the clearance needed.

Now waiting on payday to get them booked in, circa £145 for all 4.

Setting ride height is a pita without a ramp. Having to use a scissor jack as my standard on won't get under the car. :lol:

Whats involved in rolling the arches? I always imagined it to be a costly job but £145 seems very reasonable.

Heat gun would make the paint more pliable.

[video=youtube;rXm98bxAedw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXm98bxAedw[/video]

So they pretty much just stretch the panels? How does this effect the paint?

It is as much as Stu states, just rather pay someone who knows what they are doing. Also trimming trim etc and refitting.

Just a matter of booking them in and looming over him encouragingly...

Nice one, thanks Loxy. I honestly had no idea how it was done. Seeing it done there makes it obvious as to why its called arch rolling :D

p.s if any body know who IFBB pro bodybuilder Branch Warren is.... Is it me or does the guy in the vid look the spit of him???? In the face only lol.

Back