• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

For those with A/C .....

craigiusmaximus said:
How often do you use the A/C system in the winter i use mine more i think will it hurt anything using it in the cold??? :oops:

IT should be fine using it in the cold, unless it says otherwise in the manual?? :wink:
You should use it atleast once a week or the seals will perish and it will leak. :wink:

Neily03 said:
craigiusmaximus said:
How often do you use the A/C system in the winter i use mine more i think will it hurt anything using it in the cold??? :oops:

IT should be fine using it in the cold, unless it says otherwise in the manual?? :wink:
You should use it atleast once a week or the seals will perish and it will leak. :wink:

yeah i looked in the book and it says it should be used below a a set temp cant remember what it is..... :?

craigiusmaximus said:
Neily03 said:
craigiusmaximus said:

yeah i looked in the book and it says it should be used below a a set temp cant remember what it is..... :?

Best to check and not use it below that temp. :wink:

I used it today for "Frozen Assistance". :shock:

Sat in the CTR @ 0600 listening to 5 live whilst the heat done the job. :lol:

Use a fair bit for demisting just now however I must check out what temp not to think about using it ... don't want to break it! :eek:

Catz said:
Use a fair bit for demisting just now however I must check out what temp not to think about using it ... don't want to break it! :eek:

It won't break - it simply won't turn on :wink:

milano_chris said:
Catz said:

Well you learn something new every day. 8)

I should read the manual more. :wink:

Using a/c will only reduce your performance, so dont use it!! Unless of course you are one of these closet accord drivers in a EP3 shell..... :wink:

donald said:
Using a/c will only reduce your performance, so dont use it!! Unless of course you are one of these closet accord drivers in a EP3 shell..... :wink:

But I thought you had to use it regularly even through out the winter otherwise the refrigerant may lose its pressure and then you had to get the whole thing recharged? :?

Mad Max said:
donald said:

But I thought you had to use it regularly even through out the winter otherwise the refrigerant may lose its pressure and then you had to get the whole thing recharged? :?

Thats correct. Worrying about losing power with the ac on is a bit anal imo.

I looked in my manual - doesn't mention not using the A/C below a specific temperature at all

so I'll assume something clever in the car will turn it off if its too cold to operate properly

The compressor, will not come on below a set point, this is controlled by an air temperature sensor. This means that the refrigerant will not circulate through the condenser etc when it is feck arsing cold outside.

You can still run the system when cold outside but it won't try to cool already cold air.

It will also do no harm whatsoever.

milano_chris said:
Catz said:

Are you sure? My airco is totally manual. ie: it doesn't automatically switch on the airco when you turn the dial to demist the front windscreen like the UK ones do.

So i'm thinking there is nothing automatic on mine and therefore i risk being able to switch mine on at inadvisable temps??

anyone advise on the euro model?

As far as I know - when the aircon is turned on and the temperature is too low, the condensor unit won't activate leaving just the LED on in the cabin.

I need to visit my local dealer shortly, I can ask him if you like.

Back