• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

From a "Type R" to a "Type S"

Had my new car for almost 1 year now and I don't recall placing up any pictures or progress I've made with the car on here.

So, let the pictures and story commence -

I remember talking Total Honda (UK Based Honda Publication ) and telling them that I would never sell my Accord Type R when it got a feature in the first issue of Total Honda.

Within 6 weeks of that interview it was up for sale, loaded onto the back of a flat bed and transported to the south of London to its new owner.

IMG017.jpg

IMG014.jpg

Time to go and collect my new mode of transport.

Landscape144.jpg

Landscape145.jpg

Landscape140.jpg

Landscape142.jpg

Landscape134.jpg

Really wanted one in gunmetal grey, but the Satin Silver one you see here had only covered 37,000 miles and the paint was in superb condition.

A full new set of discs and pads were fitted along with a full set of AP Lowering Springs and KONI Sport dampers.

New-2.jpg

As most of you will know, the KONI dampers have adjustable perches that I've now set to their lowest setting. I haven't achieved a huge drop like say coilovers would have given me, and with the standard 17"s it still didn't look the part, but more to come on that one.

First mini photo-shoot then -

DPP_0133.jpg

DPP_0095.jpg

TypeS.jpg

TypeS3.jpg

As with my Accord Type R, what you see through the wheels is just as important.

So from this -

PJSP_ATS742.jpg

To this -

PJSP_ATS743.jpg

Time for a new set of wheels. I knew that I wanted to go down the rote of "less is more" as I'm not into chrome or overly complicated wheel designs. I opted for a set of Fox FX004's in Gloss Black. They are a complete pain to keep clean, but I regularly wax them inside and out which does help with general dirt and brake dust.

ATS148.jpg

Next up is a wing. I wanted the Mugen duck bill spoiler but even replicas fetched over £150. Another owner on Type Accord ( UK based Accord forum ) had an unfortunate accident and donated his wing as it was damaged. As I have spent some of my teenage years in a paint shop, I'm no stranger to repairing fibre-glass and painting. Here's a picture of the spoiler in its current state.

PJSP_162.jpg

I've spent around 3 hours so far wit fibre-glass resin and body filler to re-create the shape of the original wing. If I don't get it perfect then I just won't use it . . . more to follow on that one.

The engine bay is every bit as important as the outside appearance of the car. I commissioned a custom purple pearl for the cam cover. It was an exchange scheme on the DC5 owners club and the best I've seen in recent years.

PJSP_ATS135.jpg

More purple to follow.

A few more goodies that I've since fitted.

Replacement front H (it's Huge) -

PJSP_591.jpg

Mugen Oil Cap

IMG_0386.jpg

Titanium Pre-Facelift Accord Type R gear knob, arguably the best Honda have ever produced. Not bothered that it would suggest I have a 5 speed box, its how it feels.

IMG_0389.jpg

So what was next? A proper paint correction as so far I have only spent around 10 minutes on each panel with the DA polisher. I'm a keen detailer so I really need to get some halogens on the paint and make it perfect.

All chrome is to be removed, all of it !

PJSP_186.jpg

PJSP_188.jpg

PJSP_273.jpg

PJSP_328.jpg

PJSP_245.jpg

PJSP_230.jpg

The handles will be colour coded and the window trim with be plasti-dipped.

Adjustable rear cambers arms are next I think and an X-Car Link for the standard stereo.

Those who knew my Accord Type R in the UK, also knew how much I liked a clean engine bay and I was partial to a bit of Powder Coating.

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

I've recently fitted Japanese sized plates and Plasti-dipped the lower chrome strip on the grille -

PJSP_484.jpg

Some more purchases recently -

Purple wheel nuts -

PJSP_493.jpg

Purple Earthing kit -

PJSP_495.jpg

Some purchases from Japan :) -

PJSP_502.jpg

PJSP_503.jpg

Some recent pictures from my FaceBook page (excuse the quality, FaceBook compression is a right pain in the arse).

382406_365665853498555_1521204651_n.jpg

539843_365665930165214_1048417062_n.jpg

525806_365666303498510_1386176767_n.jpg

Window trims have been de-chromed -
540904_365666366831837_514612168_n.jpg

541039_365666440165163_955219595_n.jpg

548202_365666483498492_969353327_n.jpg

Thats really nice been thinking what i would go to if i ever want to change, i never even thought of this but i would seriously consider buying one of them now looks well smart.

How is it to drive?

I never knew the made accord s's. Always liked the newer accords as they look very grown up. I imagine fuel is good on it as well

Those Accord Type S's are really nice. I considered one instead of an ATR when I was changing cars

Really impressed with your car, nice to see someone bringing one close to a type r look/spec.

I never knew the made accord s's. Always liked the newer accords as they look very grown up. I imagine fuel is good on it as well

Not so bad, its down on power from my Accord Type R but with more torque and an extra gear, the Type S returns better fuel consumption than the R ever did.

Love this car, clean! Alloys are perfect style and colour for it aswell. Its subtle but noticable in a crowd to a car fan.

Car looks awesome.

Need to ask, when did you ever get weather that nice for those photos in Scotland or are they photoshopped ;) Cracking pictures too mate.

The type s does look nice with the work you have done but whats it like on power compared to the ATR because i have had 2 ATRS, currently own a 51 plate prefacelift and i think its powerfull.

Very nice. I always thought Honda missed a beat by not producing a Type R version of this car.

Back