• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

From EP3 to EP3 with Some In-Between!

I really want to have a go in one of these now, they look like fun. You said in an earlier post with the airbox mod that it had 140bhp, I'm going to ask something stupid here, but what does the 220 represent? Or is it like Peugeot doing a 106, 206 - just a model name?

Lol.

I thought it was because the turbo'd 2.0l engine put out 220(or close too)bhp.

Yeah the turbo has just over 200bhp, apparently done a VXR version also. Don't actually think they hit 220, maybe 220ps?

Yep - the VXR was quite quick mainly because of the Hybrid turbo that they used in the Astra VXR.

If I was going to go back to lightweight mid engined car it would be an S1 Elise/Exige with a SC K20 conversion ready done. :)

Turbo also weighed alot more at the rear as the block was an old iron lump. Not favourable on an Elise/Exige chassis for track use [IMO of course! ;)]

Yep - the VXR was quite quick mainly because of the Hybrid turbo that they used in the Astra VXR.

If I was going to go back to lightweight mid engined car it would be an S1 Elise/Exige with a SC K20 conversion ready done. :)

Before I bought my civic I considered GSi and SRi astra turbo's and my mate whos fb I robbed those photos from said that the actual vxr turbo is like £500, which isn't as bad as I thought.

I don't really like the look of the older Lotus', I think the head lights make it look a bit dated (no offence mate :lol:) much prefer the look of the facelift one.

One of these keeps having it large around the town centre and I'm in love

68538d1197335045-chopping-monexige1wo1.jpg

No but I pop in now and then. Yes there is a Black DC5 with black and red rims.

You work in Llantrisant then.

Back