• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 From me mates mate who works at Honda:

Hobbes

Walking Stiffy
Spoke to one of my mates last night who's mate works for Honda as part of the design and Marketing team.

Now dont shoot the messenger but according to my friend, this is what he told him regarding the New Type R:

1) Similar to new civic but VERY VERY Evil looking/ Much more aggressivly styled.

2) All the designers agreed that the Focus RS was the most fun to drive, and performance figures are mooted to be up and around this area.

3) The New R will take on the Golfs, Astras, and other competitors, but may not have blistering BHP figures.......... around 220-240BHP

So believe what he says, dont believe it, but I for one and looking forward to seeing it at the geneva motorshow.

Howeever thought you guys might like to hear what the Honda boys think/know at this present time.

its supposed to have the 200ps current engine though, according to honda's initial press announcement though?

Hobbes said:
2) All the designers agreed that the Focus RS was the most fun to drive, and performance figures are mooted to be up and around this area.

RS or ST?

focus_rs_01_s.jpg

focus-st-20050215031808052.jpg

:?:

I've heard the new civic R will feature 4 wheels and a steering wheel, it'll also feature an engine but I cant divulge my sources...beleive what you will ;)

- Kevin.

Shackbleep said:
its supposed to have the 200ps current engine though, according to honda's initial press announcement though?

correct me if i'm wrong but i thought the release said that the R concept at the show would have this engine it didnt mention if the production car would be the same, they could easily tune it up more for the general release.

n31lb said:
Shackbleep said:

correct me if i'm wrong but i thought the release said that the R concept at the show would have this engine it didnt mention if the production car would be the same, they could easily tune it up more for the general release.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there.

Just over a month before I see it in the flesh. I'll wait with baited breath before I make judgement, but its going to have to be special to make me want to buy one :wink:

Honda revitalised the Hot Hatch Market with the EP3 CTR, lets hope they can do it again :wink:

It will have around 220-240 BHP to be honest its just a tuned version of the current engine with uprated ECU control.

Ohh and it will look very much like the American SI :)

Dont say I didnt tell ya :)

Tarticus said:
It will have around 220-240 BHP to be honest its just a tuned version of the current engine with uprated ECU control.

wanna little side bet me old mucka ;) :)

G said:
Tarticus said:

wanna little side bet me old mucka ;) :)

Same here. As much as I want it too resemble the Si Coupe version, I very much doubt that it will :cry:

Back