• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

front bumper :(

hi guys

i had to vent my fustration and how gutted i am somewhere and what better place to vent it with fellow people who regard their type r's as their pride and joy like me,

well where do i start i've been after a little run about to get me to work and back for a while now but funds have been needed elsewhere so i've been using my beloved type r as my daily drive :(, and today this has made me realise i need that banger

2011038.jpg

2011037.jpg

2011035.jpg

2011036.jpg

may not seem alot to some people but after spending hours looking after her and keeping her in tip top condition cleaning her every weekend i get to work this morning and some old guy in front of me drives to fast into work and into the barrier not seeing it was down and im behind him(which i did have a little chuckle at) until i see his reverse lights on and come straight back towards, but i carn't reverse because theres cars behind me......so you can guess the outcome, which involves my front bumper and a tow bar....

all this because someone didnt do a simple thing as check their mirror

and to top off my wonderfull friday morning driving home a f**k off dumper truck decides to spit a big rock at me causing a rather large stone chip.

anyway the good news the guy said he would pay to get it fixed without going through insurance, my qustion to you guys is would it be better buying a new/second hand bumper and getting it sprayed and blended in with the bonnet etc, or have this bumper fixed sprayed etc? and in what region would you expect to pay?? i'm thinking about 3grand should cover it seen as im not paying haha :D

any suggestions would be really helpful

thankyou fellow honda people

Sad times. Brand new, painted bumper from Honda (Hendeyperfomance) is £240 shipped to your door.

That is all the normal colours anyway, CW may be different. Drop them a line in the traders section

Sad times. Brand new, painted bumper from Honda (Hendeyperfomance) is £240 shipped to your door.

That is all the normal colours anyway, CW may be different. Drop them a line in the traders section

cheers for the quick reply dude, ill drop them a pm, didnt seem like it was bad when he hit me, nearly cried when i saw the damage eventhough its minimal.

New bumper every time. If you get it repaired it's going to need paint anyway, so makes sense to get a new one. Especially if the guy is paying.

It's bad news mate but at least it was just the bumper and not stoves the whole front in.

If I go through a barrier I carry on as I started. Rip it off.

New bumper every time. If you get it repaired it's going to need paint anyway, so makes sense to get a new one. Especially if the guy is paying.

yea think thats what ill go for, not coming out of my pocket and i want it absolutly perfect :smt023

It's bad news mate but at least it was just the bumper and not stoves the whole front in.

If I go through a barrier I carry on as I started. Rip it off.

yea i suppose it could of been worse but its the whole hassle of getting it sorted and been without a car, and the stone chip is getting sorted next weekend. i watched the cctv footage of him hitting the barrier and it was epic, slamming on and sliding under the barrier,

Definatly new bumper, will it need a splitter as well, or is the prefacelift different (i had a Prem).

I seriously doubt he'll refuse if he's on CCTV, lol.

Back