• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

front light bulbs keep going??

Hey guys hopeing for some advice/help!

I have a 2005 ep3 and resently the low beam head light bulbs keep blowing?? i've had to replace them twice in a week and once at christmas:mad: ?? I have checked the fuses etc and their fine, cant work it out?

Any ideas? I'd love your opinion.

Thanks

nice one thanks mate, the bloke in halfords took it out the packet before i got my hands on it so i think it was dirty from the off.

I'm going to go back and try to blag a new set.

Thanks for the advice.

i have the same problem with my 04 civic sport the bulb keeps blowing and its not from touching the bulb i make shore i dont. any other ideas?

I have a feeling it is caused by condensation freezing on the inside of the headlight unit. I had 2 bulbs blow on me and both times it was on cold mornings when the car was frozen or very shortly after.

This could be true, mine first went after the snow!! have had another set go on me since last post, have fitted yet another set yesterday hopefully these should be fine (im a pro at fitting now takes about 4 min in total, silver lining etc). i let you know how it goes.

never heard of anything like this before..i cant even remember the last time i used my lights lol

If it is just one side then chances are there is an earth fault somewhere. Mine have always been first one side goes then the other.

Honda couldn't find a fault but they kept going!!!

went back demanded a refund and a new set of bulbs untouched. Put them in myself and what do you know not a problem :)

My guess is they got the work experience kid to do it and got grease on them twice!!

Well all sorted for now, thanks for your advise.

Honda couldn't find a fault but they kept going!!!

went back demanded a refund and a new set of bulbs untouched. Put them in myself and what do you know not a problem :)

My guess is they got the work experience kid to do it and got grease on them twice!!

Well all sorted for now, thanks for your advise.

You cant trust nobody these days, them dam garages..........lol

Mate if this happens again, try tapping(by flicking it, not no hammer!;) ) the side of the headlight from inside the engine bay, if this solves it, probably a loose connection, if not, probably earth problem somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi ,

sometimes head light bulbs can blow due to alternators being faulty, over charging or spiking!! get ur alternator amp rate checked. also cheep bulbs don't last, osram are a good quality bulb.
also make sure connectors are fitting correctly, terminals are not loose, as when plugs are removed and refitted several times the terminals can spread open causing loose contact.

danny

hi ,

sometimes head light bulbs can blow due to alternators being faulty, over charging or spiking!! get ur alternator amp rate checked. also cheep bulbs don't last, osram are a good quality bulb.
also make sure connectors are fitting correctly, terminals are not loose, as when plugs are removed and refitted several times the terminals can spread open causing loose contact.

danny

Yeh cheers, the connectors were a little loose one kept falling off when going over speed bumps as i found out late at night!!!!!

Hopefully the problem is fixed now, think it was a bunch of silly things all working against me. fingers crossed
:eek:

Had my o/s brake light stopped working because of speed bumps. 'Re-assured' the connection that everything would be alright and it's not complained since!!

Who-ever invented them damn things has a lot to answer for!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back