• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Front shock dead??? EP3

What about a used set?

only issue is based of previous experience that a used set can be as bad as or the same as what your taking off, yo have no idea what condition they are in without trusting the seller.
I wasted money on 2 sets of used shocks in the past so I stay away.

Fair enough. What about online spares companies, 24/7 spares, there's a Jap spares one as well.

I think they're new, refurbished and used.

Set of cheap coilovers will only last a year or so I wouldn't consider that.

I have searched plenty of parts places, but only found cox motor parts at £270 ish for the set of fronts

I've used Hendy for Honda parts for years. Not read a bad review about Cox either, so order from who is cheapest I say.

Playing with the idea of eibach pro springs at the same time, is it essential to have adjustable rear camber arms or not? I gather on the ep3 the drop is 15mm according to eibach themselves?

Help guys,

i have fitted new Honda shocks(today, and the car has nearly new top mounts and wishbone and ball joints (less than 1000 miles) and I still have knocking over pot holes, the knock is better and less metallic but still pound and now dull. I was advised to try anti roll links next and need any advice as I'm getting fed up with the car, I have spent a fortune and it still knocks.

Any advice appreciated from one stressed out owner

If the droplinks are ok i would try the Antirole bar D bushes , there only about £18 for the pair from honda

Droplinks are cheap enough and easy to change, they also cause noises when they're gone as the roll bar is free and ends up hitting things.

Well changed the drop links and found the top mount I had changed less than a thousand miles ago had a fault so changed that. All I have noise wise is a knock
at low speed when turning left to right

Back