• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Filled up the tank on Monday as I was working away and from monday till when I got to Thurrock Services I did 310 miles. Worked it out at around 28mpg. All motorway with a little vtec fun.

Don't seem all that great to me to be honest. :/.

Usually a week. But made it last 2 when I was really skint. But that was driving under 60 on the dual carriage way and no VTEC... Boring 2 weeks

I did that and I wanted to get good consumption, but then I met with Dotty and we had a bit of a blast. :lol:

I just went up to Scotland and back last week.

Brimmed the tank before I left home, 210 miles mway to get up there, a weeks driving around, 210 miles mway back and to top up, then brim again i got......

39.3mpg

I was quite happy at that, not dawdling along on the motorway, just doing speeds that I knew wouldnt get nicked at.
Bit of VTEC'ing here and there, but mrs and little one were with me so I was reasonably responsible.

Yeah, happy at that.

I did that and I wanted to get good consumption, but then I met with Dotty and we had a bit of a blast. :lol:

lol is dotty another north londoner?

Do you guys get to meets very often?

haha trust me im the same, i always end up next to a focus st and have to give it a go:(

No, but we met near Reading for a Costa and parts swappage. And I'm not a Londoner, just unfortunate to live here due to work. :lol:

Damn, I'm getting no more than 200miles to a tank which is costing me between £55 and £60 to brim :(

I don't drive like an idiot either lol.

What fuel is that? i presume is standard if its only costing 55 to 60? have you tried a few tanks of v power or momentum 99?

Standard K20a2 Ep3 only performance upgrade is a Spoon N1 and B pipe.

Will changing fuel really change MPG then?

Think maybe a good service is needed...

I'm half way through my tank and done ~180 miles

Thats with vpower and by my recent calculations the pence/mile is roughly the same around town, but 1p a mile cheaper on the motorway

Last edited by a moderator:
I put v power in and didnt really notice that much of a difference. Should i put in disconnect battery let the ecu reset then give it a go?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I put v power in and didnt really notice that much of a difference. Should i put in disconnect battery let the ecu reset then give it a go?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

You will notice more of a difference when you don't put it in, if you get me.

Fill up twice with V Power, then fill up with a tank of generic 95ron fuel. There is less of a punch to it.

No, no need to reset the ECU.

If I'm sensible (hardly any VTEC at all) I get 24mpg on 97 RON :mad:

I blame sitting in traffic for the morning commute.

Right so a full tank lasted me until now; i got 237 miles from a full tank... i'd say the first 150 miles i drove sensibly... but then the weekend came and i had to take it to the a-roads for a while... i'm not too unhappy with the results, i was using **** petrol aswell.. i think if i used better petrol it might have lasted a bit longer :)

237 miles to a tank is shocking imo, I've never had below 260 and this is including a weekend meet and blast around Wales.

Scott.

Back