• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I fill up on average three times a month. I tend to get around 250 miles per tank and fill it up with typically 32~33 litres. The tank apparently holds 45 litres, so my fuel gauge must be seriously erring on the side of caution. :lol:

It always works out at around 35mpg and doesn't seem to matter whether I drive sensibly or spend half the tank in VTEC.

I suppose if you drive a lot if motorway miles you will get more to a tank, which is why I'm probably getting more miles to a tank? I do 34 miles on the motorway every day.

Scott.

237 miles to a tank is shocking imo, I've never had below 260 and this is including a weekend meet and blast around Wales.

Scott.

I think that due to my 20 miles of travel a day being literally stop start stop start with a 2 miles stretch of 60 road, i think thats why i consume so much; its a horrible route i have to take to work. If it was just a nice casual 10 mile trip without stop start stop start i think id last a good 280 miles

I've just done Bristol to Swindon in rush hour, petrol light came on as I pulled away....
Left my wallet at home this morning. Friday night, 46mile drive, rush hour, no money, reserves on fuel. No fun.

Never seen it this low before, but I'm gonna go get a jerry can rather than chance driving the 1 mile to the forecourt!

c2%20(4).jpg

Was cacking it!

Word is you get about 40 miles once the light comes on, with super owners handbook style fuel consumption.

So in reality that's probably about 25/30 miles I reckon.

Before I sold my CTR I was consistently getting 320miles to the tank, that includes in nasty weather and also includes my commute into work (which involves a fair bit of sitting in traffic). It didn't involve much VTEC action though.

Before I sold my CTR I was consistently getting 320miles to the tank, that includes in nasty weather and also includes my commute into work (which involves a fair bit of sitting in traffic). It didn't involve much VTEC action though.
#

When I swapped back to the OEM mapping (rather than a K-Pro map by TDi) my MPG dropped to give ~290/300m per tank. I only ever used V-Power or Optimax in the car. When I used to give it some beans I saw ~26mpg (this is more like a real world figure as not many folks drive below 4000rpm for an entire tank of fuel!), and when I ran Toda N2's I was getting ~21mpg. Moral of the story is if you wnat to increase mpg get K-Pro and make friends with Mr Shell :)

My current tank of fuel in the EVO has lasted nearly 3 weeks :)

Although that's probably down to the fact I stuck it in the garage as I'm sick of the sight of it :)

Has it not moved in 3 weeks then? Might need starting mate, don't want a flat battery fail. :lol:

I have driven it a bit but I'm getting a knocking noise from the rear coilovers (common thing on BC coilovers). So I cleared a space and stuck it in the garage last week.
Sick of the bloody thing to be honest.
I'm still waiting for the army to screw my wages up (after the move) but once that's all sorted it's bank loan time and a new (non EVO) car for me :)

I keep getting drawn to the Mazda 6 mps. Can't see it being too good on the fuel though.
To be honest, I've got a few cars in mind. Just one thing's for sure. It won't be another EVO.

I'll get one of those after I get bored with whatever I get next :)

:lol:

Loads of cars for not much money nowadays. V12 Merc with all the toys for less than £8k.

Back