• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

cheers, I put in 34litres 2 weeks ago and got 164 miles til the reserve came on today. Works out at 21.9 mpg. Mostly suburbs/city driving and the odd fast spin. This is my first time counting the petrol since I got my ep3 3 weeks ago, these figures sound ok?

I never ever reach 250miles for the light. Generally 230-240. I travel in short burts of traffic to and from work a lot so it doesn't help. Hardly ever use the motorway either. When I drove to blackpool and back from a full tank I used about half a tank at 200+miles, so for motorway go'ers it is possible to do well.

This is in an EP3.

IME lots of town driving is always the worst for MPG, worse even than driving around everywhere flat out. But 21.9 MPG still seems really low for an EP3.

really low? Reading other threads it seems average:confused:

It's been a long time since I owned a Type-R but I'm sure this is the sort of MPG I used to get.

If I was only getting about 22 MPG I'd want a lot more than 200 BHP under my right foot. :lol:

When I was getting 22 mpg I had 324 bhp. Kept thinking I should just buy the usual STi/Evo and be done with it.

Its an 11 gallon tank in the EP3s and FN2s so 30 mpg should see you to 330 running the tank almost dry! :lol:

IMO forced induction doesn't suit Type-Rs. They should be enjoyed as they are.

It's been said loads of times on here but if you want FI then get a car that was designed and built with it in mind.

From my experience, +1!

330 all day with my mapped EP3.

250 out of my mapped AP1.

500+ out of that piece of shít Pugeot 206 I was chucking about.

if you use the motorway you'll get more, if its mainly city driving then its less, FACT.

approx 220 city with traffic and short distance drives, 280-300 with motorway in mind

got 580 miles out the 530 on a run to belgium, one of the only times i ever filled a car up with petrol. 70 litre tank, but it was brimmed up out the hose, was about £100.

if you use the motorway you'll get more, if its mainly city driving then its less, FACT.

approx 220 city with traffic and short distance drives, 280-300 with motorway in mind

Exactly this. Town driving to work and back I get about 220 with tbh plenty of right foot blasting.

Recently decided journey distance is very important too. People have fun and thrash the car every now and again.

Example, say two people engage vtec once every journey. The guy doing 30 miles commute will get 30 miles per vtec hit, the guy doing 5 miles commute will only do 5 miles per vtec hit.

So the guy with the longer journey will end up getting much better mpg. Your mindset resets before each new separate journey regardless of length!

Did 39 motorway miles with the light on the other day, Fcuking wish I didnt but left all money/cards/etc and had to travel to get them :mad:

Just got 268 miles out of 35 liters from my ep3! Mostly motorway driving not going over 4k revs, works out at 34.81 mpg. Not bad considering my last two mpg readings were 20 and 21! Gonna stop counting from now and and drive it like its stolen:D

My odo is showing 363 miles since the last fill up with no petrol light on yet - Car has been driven hard too.. and remapped on this tank.

Back