• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Kettering and back today, taken on the petrol station forecourt.

IMAG0243.jpg

It took 44 litres to fill back up which puts the actual mpg at 33.8 mpg. The vast majority of that was with the cruise set at a speed which was 70 mph as indicated by the sat nav

Kettering and back today, taken on the petrol station forecourt.

IMAG0243.jpg

It took 44 litres to fill back up which puts the actual mpg at 33.8 mpg. The vast majority of that was with the cruise set at a speed which was 70 mph as indicated by the sat nav

Blimey that's awesome for a modded type r!

dc2 with 65k is around 220-250 miles with mixed driving styles on vpower...worth it... YES

Just got 270 out of my first tank, mixed driving. Well sensible driving, with the odd burst of right foot action.

DC2 noob question (red face)... is there a light to tell you it's running empty? lol.

330 odd miles from full to petrol light recently, that was with Aral 102 Ron. Mainly autobahn driving speeds 90-100 :)

Car was full of luggage etc too.

330 odd miles from full to petrol light recently, that was with Aral 102 Ron. Mainly autobahn driving speeds 90-100 :)

Car was full of luggage etc too.

Similar on mine. I was following on the Autobahn! I'm sure we hit 185 kph on one stretch as well. :)

It took 42.3 litres to fill it up, but I'd done around 300 miles.

330 miles. Averaging 25.3mpg.

BARGE ftw.

I shall now remove the Bluefin and see if it makes any difference.

Maybe.

i cant believe any of you get 300 miles out of tank you must be grandpa drivers 250 miles for me TOPS and thats vpower

Topped 300 on this tank in the end, took a chance and did 306. Light didn't come on either.

B18 -> K20 for fuel economy out of the box fo' sho', then again it's a smaller displacement. But I do tend to drive everywhere at higher RPM, either by choice or not. :lol:

Quite regularly average around 320miles per tank.

Most of my journeys though are local, either to and from work (12 mile round trip Mon-Fri) with the occasional trip to S.London on a Saturday (170 mile round trip)

I admit to taking it easy most of the time as my short journey into work doesn't allow the engine to warm up enough to play around in Planet Vtec, but when i get the chance i do have the odd blast here and there.

Im currently using a tank a week at least that's with 120 mile return countryside trip and the rest is town.

Ive always had 220-240 miles of shell super unleaded.

I don't know if that is because ive only owned it for a month and perhaps don't drive too Eco although I do not vtec in town or short journeys at all. still slightly surprised I'm getting 22-24mpg. I'm not too fussed just thought I'd mention it to see other thoughts :)

Just filled up today, did 470 miles until it hit the red with 80 miles remaining on the range.

God knows what's going on with my EP3 then. I do 20 miles a day, 10 into work 10 back, in the mornings I sit in traffic for around 5-10 minutes. At the weekends I use the car for football and sometimes more work.
In total I do around 140 miles a week.
Ive not had the car long but did my first test of a full tank and I'm currently on the red light after doing just 230 miles....... I hardly hit the vtec but dont drive like a complete grandpa either, IMO what's the point with a car like this. I use 95 fuel.

What do you think is hurting my MPH so bad?

Back